Lizard Scan

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Lizard Scan

Postby Kirch » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Hey All,
Have been trying to get some parts together to motorize a laser like some of the examples here. Still waiting on the stepper.
I did mount the laser on a tripod and turned a little gear system by hand to get this put together.
The details around the face can be better. How would it work to do general scans of the body and then a close up of the more detailed parts like the head? Would that work with the shape fusion part of this process? I don't have a calibration panel small enough yet for that. But I would imagine so if they are scaled similarly...
Best,
Karl
trex_3.jpg
trex_3.jpg (11.08 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
trex_2.jpg
trex_2.jpg (9.93 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Kirch

Postby hal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello,

not bad! really not bad scan 8)
As you wrote, a new scan more close-up to the head can improve exponentially the result. You are right: if you do others scans, with a low scale value of the calibration's sheets, you can obtain more details.
Now, you have a good and proportioned base mesh: scan the details all around the object and align they on the base mesh. If you had correctly measured the scale values, your new scans will be fitted perfectly on the already-scanned-mesh.
ShapeFusion do an intelligent work of Fusion: it save the right amount of details in relation with every single scan mesh density.

Keep up your work,
I'll waiting for new scans from your side,
Mattia
hal

Return to 3D Laser Scanning