My first acceptable results

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

My first acceptable results

Postby swarfboy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:52 pm

I just recently bought David, the imagingsource B/W CCD fire wire camera, and a 5mw red laser. Finally got a chance to sit and play and after about a full day of playing I got some ok results on this hotwheels car. Thanks to all those who post great info in the forum for n00bs like me to get a running start.

I think I need to move to a motorized scan rotation and build a better calibration corner. Right now my setup feels like a balancing act. Will the motorized movement of the laser smooth out my raw scan data?

My laser Brishgline Pro LBD-635-TL-5-100 from http://www.laserglow.com/index.php?brightline has a 0.3mRad divergence and one thing I notice is I can't get my beam width much below 4.0px (which is in the yellow). Will a green laser make a thinner beam for scanning small objects?
Attachments
SNAG-0000.jpg
SNAG-0001.jpg
SNAG-0003.jpg
swarfboy

Re: My first acceptable results

Postby RAYA » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi

You wrote :Will the motorized movement of the laser smooth out my raw scan data?

The answer is yes ,laser motorized movement,smooth raw scan data.

You wrote :Will a green laser make a thinner beam for scanning small objects?

The answer is yes ,because green laser has short waveleght than red laser ,but laser line width is laser optical dependent also (collector lens and line generator lens and ...).

Ray
RAYA

Return to General Discussion