Joe's Scans

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Re: Joe's Scans

Postby joecnc2006 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:46 am

Well this will be the 1st job which i can utilize David, A lady was at Woodcraft the other day and they mentioned to her that I had a CNC machine and gave her my number. She called and asked if i could make some Kitchen Drawer pulls for her, she gave me a sample one out of three that she cut by hand, It took her a long time because of the pain in her hands over the years.

She needs 20 of them.

So i fired up David-Laserscanner and went to work.

Here is the original and the model done, plus in aspire, I will use my pen tablet to better define the leaves in the model, I think it will turn out good.

Original.JPG

David Fused.jpg

Aspire Example.jpg
Joe

David-Laserscanner Professional Edition, Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam, LC532-5-3-F(16x65)

www.joescnc.com
joecnc2006

Postby Khalid Khattak » Sun May 24, 2009 6:19 am

Joes thats come out really great...The David performed its Job THE Best...Its same as the orginal master piece..I see the minute details in the scan... Please pay my compliments to the lady for her such a beautiful work... Just a Thought, you can make the same very neat from scratch in Aspire... In old times when i was learning the software i did a lil bit same...but if i do the same now, i will really do it great (just due to experience and practice).. ...
I hope she will like the output from your CNC Machine and I wish a good business for you in future.

Please keep us updated on your projects :)

PS:
1- Just curious, How many scans you did!!! ..and are you satisfied with the details of scan??
2- In Your DOG LAYOUT jpg you posted in Aspire Forum, How the different scans are separated from each other.. When i do multiple scans and bring them into shapefusion they all Mingle-up each other..i can't separate them...
Attachments
grapes center.JPG
PC: Dell Inspiron i3, 2.27GHz,4GB RAM,64 bit windows 7
CAMERA:
David CCD Mono USB
LASER:
David 5mW Green line laser
PROJECTOR:
3D LED Mini Projector 250lumens, Native 1024x600
[b]http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/
Khalid Khattak

Postby joecnc2006 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:21 am

Here is the 1st cut on the CNC Machine from the model created from David.

1st cut.JPG
Joe

David-Laserscanner Professional Edition, Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam, LC532-5-3-F(16x65)

www.joescnc.com
joecnc2006

Postby BJ64 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 am

*Applause*

Really neat work there, Joe

BJ :)
BJ64

Postby joecnc2006 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Khalid Khattak wrote: In Your DOG LAYOUT jpg you posted in Aspire Forum, How the different scans are separated from each other.. When i do multiple scans and bring them into shapefusion they all Mingle-up each other..i can't separate them...

you need to click align when you load the scans in shapefusion, this will line them up.
Joe

www.joescnc.com
joecnc2006

Postby Khalid Khattak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:34 am

Really great results:).. Did the customer like the machined part?... Now if their is something to make more prominent she can work on it with a little effort, and she can make it look like a hand carved :)

Thanks for sharing Joe? How long it took to machine and at what IPM ?
PC: Dell Inspiron i3, 2.27GHz,4GB RAM,64 bit windows 7
CAMERA:
David CCD Mono USB
LASER:
David 5mW Green line laser
PROJECTOR:
3D LED Mini Projector 250lumens, Native 1024x600
[b]http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/
Khalid Khattak

Previous

Return to 3D Laser Scanning