[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - User-gallery
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

User-gallery

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

User-gallery

Postby Simon » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 pm

We are planning a new user-gallery. This gallery will show all images that are attached in this forum. The images in this gallery will link back to the member and the forum.

Please register and attach your nice images of the old gallery!
I found a very nice scanning result of a very early post (old forum). But I can't remember the artit's name. Who can help me?
Attachments
77510_chien_2_122_392lo.jpg
nice dog
Simon
DAVID Developer

User Gallery

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:06 am

DAVID's User Gallery is now online:

There you will find nearly all JPG images that are attached somewhere in this forum. But externally linked images will not be listed.

Please share your sanning results with us!

Thanks!
Simon
Last edited by Simon on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
DAVID Developer

User Gallery

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:25 am

Here is another early scanning result from chris_lwr. Chris, thank you for that nice owl!
Attachments
owl from chris_lwgr.jpg
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby macouno » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Here's an image from the old David gallery. I made 5 scans and stitched them manually in Blender, then did a quick render in Yafray.

For more information about my experiments with David go here: http://www.alienhelpdesk.com/3d_scanning/second_3d_scan
Attachments
3drender.jpg
3d laser scan made with david, stitched with blender, rendered with yafray.
Last edited by macouno on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macouno

Postby Simon » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Here is another image from John which he has send by email:

> Hello Simon,
> Great software. Attached is a scan I completed using David. I also sent
> you my webcam (QuickCam Orbit)settings. Here is my David setup:
>
> PC: Win XP SP2, 1.2 TB HD, 4 GB RAM, Pentuim D CPU 3.4GHZ
>
> Webcam: QuickCam Orbit/Sphere MP, 640X360 @ 30FPS
>
> Laser:
> Sears Craftsman LaserTrac Laser $40 (very thin and bright laser)
> I also had very good results with a $4 Walmart Laser Level.
> Keep up the good work.
>
> John
> Indianapolis, IN USA
Attachments
MayanDeathMaskScan.jpg
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby rh3d » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 am

Attachments
scanning.jpg
2 Web Cams
rh3d

Postby anar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:50 pm

This is my first (and only) result made with my Philips Toucam Pro II 840k/20.

I've been unable to have this camera work again since :( ! (see my recent post in the "Camera" section)

First picture show the scan after smooth average + Interpolate.

Second image show the total amount of deviation compared with a scan of same subject done with a Konica-Minolta VI910.
The average deviation is about 0.15mm.

The third picture show the setting of the hardware : laser/subject/camera angle is about 32°.

I can't wait until my Toucam decides to work again !!!!!!! :evil:
Attachments
Crane001.jpg
scan result
Crane001_dev.jpg
deviation measurement
Cond001b.jpg
setting
anar

Scan results

Postby Ordibble Plop » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:45 am

Attachments
coa_scans_comparison_800.jpg
Ordibble Plop

First Test (a Shoe)

Postby mizzz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 pm

Here is the result of my first test with the DAVID 3D Scanner Software (v1.2). :-)

Works fine, but it's a bit tricky to figure out the right settings for the camera.

I have used a Labtec Webcam Pro (16,95 €) @ 640x480; 24bit; 25fps, A4 Printouts and a Laserlevel (bought @ OBI (9,95€)).

A Video of the scan could be found here http://nfr.at/3dscanner-test.3gp
(Use Quicktime to view - comments are german).
Attachments
schuh-test.JPG
Result of my first Testscan.
mizzz

My results

Postby Bongobat » Thu May 10, 2007 12:54 am

This is the front scan of a 14 cm high badly painted and molded plastic toy soldier. I used a 30mm scale calibration page folded at the cut line and taped to a small 90 degree board. The camera is a phillips SPC900NC I bought at walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5044149 It was placed about 31 cm away from the corner of the calibration page. The laser im using is a cheap shop force level that came in a kit of 6 laser tools for $12.00 at meijer stores in U.S. I found a link to the individual one that worked the best out of all of them. In the kit 3 tools give just a laser dot 2 give just a line and 1 gives both a dot and a line via a sliding line gernerator lens .. This is the one I got the best results with http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/second/shopforc.htm This is just a frontal scan. I hand scanned until all the white was pretty much gone and i had a nice smooth grayscale image. I used the table the setup was on for leverage and I can explain that better if anyone is interested. I am using the program wctrl to recall settings for the webcam. I used Maya 6.0 just to place the texture and render. The texture was taken with the phillips after it was calibrated under a florecent lamp. I was just testing next time I will figure out better lighting conditions. I am not having good results with shapefusion in its current state, but think with a little more development this software will be a fantastic help to 3d developers. Thank you Simon and Sven!
Attachments
smooth interpolate.jpg
1x Smooth and interpolated
Image11.jpg
texture takin with the phillips webcam under florescent light
Soldier Front.jpg
Front
Last edited by Bongobat on Thu May 10, 2007 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bongobat

Postby Bongobat » Thu May 10, 2007 12:55 am

Would only let me upload 3 pics the first time.
Attachments
Soldier LSide.jpg
Left
Soldier RSide.jpg
Right
Bongobat

Return to General Discussion