Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

ShapeFusion Crashing

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

ShapeFusion Crashing

Postby HotRodTractor » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 am

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 this weekend - as well as updated my David from 3 to 4.... now it seems I can't get through an alignment of a set of scans without a terminal error that crashes David.

I'm running WIndows 10 setup as a x64 system with a 2.80GHz i-7 processor, 32GB of RAM, and a Geforce Nvidia GTX 675M video card. David is 4.2.0.134.

I've had it crash on me 3 times now since I updated everything this afternoon. The last time I was working on aligning the third scan to the first two out of a total of 16 scans in a 600mb project. It appears that David was using less than 1.5GB of Ram and it was a fresh restart with no other programs running.

I'd love some help.

Jason
HotRodTractor

Re: ShapeFusion Crashing

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 am

Hey there,

under advanced settings > Service > ShowDebugConsole do you get any message?
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby dklassen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:21 pm

I'm on Windows 10 now and so far so good but with David 4 I've had continuing problems with crashing but only when deleting multiple scans with the red x button. I had the debug window open and sent screen caps to David but they said they couldn't come up with a reason. I'm hoping I get lucky and Windows 10 solved the problem.
Acer Aspire V15 laptop w/ 8g ram / Windows 10, Acer K132, DFK 42BUC03, Computar Megapixel 2/3 12mm, David 4.0, V-Slot 1000x20x40 linear rail, Cam and Projector mounts by JDM Dyno.
dklassen

Postby HotRodTractor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 am

I just opened up my project and started using it until it crashed. The Debug Window says ERROR: Invalid geoIndex <<-1 - what does that mean?

David Crash 20150803.JPG
HotRodTractor

Postby HotRodTractor » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:14 am

After playing with it tonight I realize that I get that error every time I save the file. Nothing appears unique in the debug window when the crash occurs. I'm still experimenting trying to figure this out.

I rescanned my object tonight and changed a few settings just so I could rule out my previous scans.
HotRodTractor

Return to Shape Fusion