Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Calibration Failures with Logitech Pro 9000

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Calibration Failures with Logitech Pro 9000

Postby seblah » Thu May 17, 2012 10:47 pm

I have used David3D in the past successfully many times. However, after re-setting up my rig today I am getting the following errors when calibrating. The debug window cycles through these warnings like a hundred thousand times before letting me know that calibration failed. Sometimes, David 3D will just crash outright while cycling through.

Debug warning message is:

Warning: undistorted image point to distorted image point mapping limited by maximum barrel distortion radius of 8.87938 (xu = -1856, yu = -890.418) -> (xd = -8.00013, Yd = -3.86417)

The numbers change slightly as the message go by.

Any ideas on how to remedy?
seblah

Re: Calibration Failures with Logitech Pro 9000

Postby Sven » Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

Hello Seblah,

That warning message means that something is really going wrong during camera calibration.

Please try the new beta. It includes some improvements also for the camera calibration.
http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... _beta5.zip

If that does not help, make sure your calibration corner is really precise. Maybe you can post your live camera image so I can try the calibration here?

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Camera Calibration