[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Where are the blue lines ?
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Where are the blue lines ?

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Where are the blue lines ?

Postby Tomp » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi guys,

Here is a question I have about the display in David.

I have David 3.2 (usb) . I do structured light scanning with images saved on camera.
When I import the images, I do not have the same display as in the examples on the website.

Here is what I have :

and here is what I would like to get :

Having both blue lines could help me to improve my scanning results. Is it a matter of version ? Or is there some options somewhere that I didn t find ?

Sounds like a minor problem, but still, that would help me to see when images are oversaturated or the reverse.

Thanks
Tomp

Re: Where are the blue lines ?

Postby Tomp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:56 pm

no answers..

anyway. I think that the images shown in the manual section are from the version 3.1.

So there is nothing to wait for me :?
Tomp

Postby Christian_Mendez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 am

forget the blue line...

Is that a screenshot of the camera calibration? (green "x" on the calibration dots) - because it´s not really the place to be looking for those sine-waves.
You should be in the SL calibration panel to acess those sine-waves.

- choose a smaller stripe pattern
- adjust your camera settings until you see a good sine-wave

also read ...this mightbe helpful

You´ll know if your camera´s exposure is correct if your sine-wave´s peaks are not flat. So theoretically, you´ll be able to recognize if your camera is overexposing or underexposing even without that missing blue line.
a flat bottom peak means you´re underexposing and a flat top peak means you´re overexposing.

Christian
www.greyscale3di.com "if it ain´t movin´, we can scan it!"
Christian_Mendez

Postby Tomp » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Christian,

thank you very much for taking some time to answer me. I was feeling alone here :D

The image I showed is indeed confusing because you might have thought that I was talking about the projector calibration, and I m showing a camera calibration pic.

I know how to make some scans with structured light. BTW I use a specific setup : I shot a camera in burst mode synchronised with the projector. And then I grab the image in David.

The thread you pointed is interesting, however in this thread you have the two blue lines I was asking for.

In David 3.2 (my version) you don't have 2 blue lines and the red dots inside... you only have 1 blue line. So how are we supposed to determine if the sinusoide is good enough if we don t know where the up and down should be ??

Also, is there a way to make the red dots fatter ? It s impossible to see them on my screen. I have to use an picture editing program to make a zoom on it.( I let you imagine how handy that is.)

It appears to me that process was easier in 3.1. I upgraded by mistake by then, and regreted it for many things :s
Tomp

Postby Sven » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Tomp » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Sven,

I think that David is a great software, and you guys did an awesome job.

The thing is that I use David with 3 scanners (structured light) : I have 3 cameras+projectors in the corners of the room and I shoot human models as fast as I can. (which is 4.5 seconds in total)
Once I have hundreds or thousands of images, I have to treat them and create the scans in David.

I have to do this process by hand, as there is no batch command for David unfortunately, one scan after the other.
Each time you have to switch from the "Hardware Setup" tab, then scroll to "image grabber", and then change the tab to "structured light".
It does not sound like a bit of an effort when you do this a few time.. but when you have to do this back and forth hundreds of time, it becomes a bit annoying.

I wonder if there are shortcuts in David. I didn t find them.If we can t have a batch process, would it be possible to have some shortcuts ?

Concerning the blue lines, you were right Sven, it s a matter of resolution. My pictures were too big, when I tried with half sized pic, the blue lines came back.

My real problem is with my scans, some are very wavy. I thought that was because of model moves.. But sometimes, even the background becomes wavy.

I tried different configurations for the projector calibration.. I used the gray gradient provided by Christian to adjust my contrast etc. I tried to put the calibration corner very close, very far, mid distance, I tried also to change the focus of the camera, the projector... but I still get some waves on some scans.
Some are really good, and some are wavy.

I'll try to find some pictures to illustrate the problem later.

Thanks for your help
Tomp

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:10 am

Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Tomp » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 am

I discovered that I could use the "cam properties" button, and indeed it changed my life :)
it fasten the process. Thank you Sven

Of course the ultimate thing for me would be to have a batch processing possibility. So I could write the commands for the hundreds of scans I have; and then just let the computer work, do and save the scans while I am sleeping..

Because the functions already exists somewhere in the source code, I don't think that would be the hardest thing to implement.. It's just about giving an other access to those functions, isn t it ?

anyway, that's something I am dreaming of :D
Tomp

Return to Camera Calibration