Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David For Mac OS x

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

David For Mac OS x

Postby Venus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 am

Easily said, I know. However, it would be nice.
Venus

Re: David For Mac OS x

Postby cgdigg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 am

I'd like to see this happen. A Mac version is really needed.
http://CGDigg.com
CGDigg: Your daily fresh CG news
Digg, for CG related info, vote on your favourite story or submit info you've found.
cgdigg

Postby warbird » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:55 pm

yeah... me too... its not very comfortable to boot up windows every time... please make a mac version as well
warbird

Postby Absrnd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm

even being able to use the David software on the USb stick in parallels or fusion would be nice
parallels doesn't see the usb stick and software :(

so I can use the power of my iMac to make the shape fusion faster, and has a bigger screen :)

I don't want to use a dual boot just if I want to use david

Absrnd

Postby MagWeb » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi,

I would like to renew that request

Gunter
MagWeb

Re: David For Mac OSX

Postby Captain Scarlet » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Mac OSX support? Yes Please! Have you guys thought of using 'Mono' to port DAVID over to? Mono is multiplatform. It's the same framework that Unity3D uses and is an open source version of dotNET.

Anyway, I'm directing a new museum scanning project, and while most of the project work with Windows, which is fine, to a point, I primarily use Mac's, and therefore will need to run Windows just to use this software. Knowing full well that both Autodesk's AutoCAD and McNeel Associates' Rhino are both coming to Mac soon, isn't now a good time to consider porting to Mac too?

Thanks for listening- and I look forward to ordering and using DAVID as soon as our funding comes through (we need a cheap alternative to the more expensive options).

regards,

Tom
Captain Scarlet

Postby JD_PhD » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 am

Me too!
JD_PhD

Postby Zeppelin1007 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 am

Man i have a 16 core renderfarm (2x Dual G5's+Intel Core2Duo's, well, ok ya got me, HACKINTOSHES!) Id love to see this as well. Being one who tinkers with Objective-C for iPhone, coming from a windows programming background, i understand the difficulties porting...heck i'd die happy if a Linux version existed...i do alot of my homework (MATLAB) in linux...Again appreciate the difficulty...
Zeppelin1007

Postby Painterly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 am

Any news on this front?, does anyone know if David runs under Parallels Desktop and/or VMWare Fusion on the Mac? (or if there is any other virtual machine that works)

From what I can get in reviews of latest versions, of Parallels 9 and Fusion 6, Fusion seems to be better at multithreading and some other stuff and looks cleaner, but Parallels is better on graphics with directX10 and more user friendly. Ant that both can run openGL 2.1 but neither handle openGL 3. It seems these emulators can run programs like studio MAX and such so it doesn't seem to far fetched, and then comes the thing with the usb stick also of course.
Painterly

Postby CAM-Source3D » Wed May 13, 2015 2:52 am

I'd like to also add myself to the list of those requesting a Mac version of David as well.
We run nearly exclusively Mac at our studio, so when we bought our SLS-2 and TT-1 we also had to get a new Windows PC to use as a stand alone workstation. Even though we've already done this, we would still much rather run David through our Mac systems if the option ever was available.
CAM-Source3D

Postby thegreathowardo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:03 am

Yes please!
thegreathowardo

Return to Feature Wish List