[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - My Xerxes Scan
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

My Xerxes Scan

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

My Xerxes Scan

Postby fira » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi,

This is my scan of a 110 mm Xerxes statue. Xerxes was a great Persian king and pharao about 2500 years ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerxes_I_of_Persia

I used the hardware from the DAVID Starter-Kit. Logitech camera at 1600*1200@5 FPS. However I did not move the laser by hand but with a simple motor.
I made 7 scans around the statue, and one from below, and one from above.
The bottom reeally looks like that with these holes, and there is really a part broken at the top.

This result is Poisson fused with resolution 250, then reduced with Shapefusion to 16% so it fits into Mesh2Flash:

Here is a detailed view on one of the original scans (average smoothing=1):
eye.png

The scan took me around 2-3 hours altogether. I am very satisfied with the quality! :D

Fira
Attachments
fused_poisson_250_reduced.obj
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 3525 times
fused_poisson_250_reduced.jpg
fira

Re: My Xerxes Scan

Postby fira » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Here is a screen shot of the scan after Poisson Fusion with resolution 600 (with and without texture) in DAVID's 3D window.
Fira
Attachments
poisson.png
fira

Postby WalterMo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi Fira,
Perfect scan, congratulation. And that for a beginner! You can really be very satisfied with the result.
How many weeks have you dealt with DAVID?

I think we will see more fine scans from you in the future.

Walter
WalterMo

Postby fira » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks, Walter.
I'm not really a beginner. I have been following DAVID and the forum for a few years already.
Maybe I'll make and show some more scans in the future...
Fira
fira

Postby Khalid Khattak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

very nice scan..congratulations..we want to see some more from you :)
PC: Dell Inspiron i3, 2.27GHz,4GB RAM,64 bit windows 7
CAMERA:
David CCD Mono USB
LASER:
David 5mW Green line laser
PROJECTOR:
3D LED Mini Projector 250lumens, Native 1024x600
[b]http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/
Khalid Khattak

Postby hal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello Fira,

my respect, man! :D