Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David-cam-1-m ccd camera not working on Window 8.1

David-cam-1-m ccd camera not working on Window 8.1

Postby Daryatno » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm

With Window 7, David 3.10.4, build 4657 is working fine.
But When I install Window 8.1, the mono ccd camera that I bought: David-cam-1-m cannot function.
From the window 8.1 device manager, the camera driver is working perfectly, no conflict, but I cannot use this camera for Skype or as webcam, and cannot view live when I run David software.
After researching on this issue, it seem like the problem is with the camera driver on window 8.1.
Where can I get the most updated camera driver for window 8.1? and any other ways to solve this problem?
Please help. Thanks.
Daryatno

Re: David-cam-1-m ccd camera not working on Window 8.1

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi Daryatno,
We have updated the driver today. Please download from here: http://www.david-3d.com/support/downloads#driver, I hope it solves your problem.
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Daryatno » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Dear Sven,
It still did not work after I installed the updated driver. The driver updated without any conflict or problem in the device manager, but the webcam cannot detect any camera. No Live view after the update when running David software! Need help. Thanks.
Daryatno
Daryatno

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:43 pm

What exactly do you see in DAVID? Is there camera listed, can you select it? Do you get black live window? Does it show a FPS at the bottom right? Does it show an error message?
Please also activate Debug Console (Advanced Settings -> Service); do you get an error message there?

You wrote previously you had Windows 7 and there it worked. Is this the same computer? If not, please try if the camera still works on the old compuer (or try any other computer you may have access to).

Thanks
Sven

PS: Please also test:
a) Can you import any 3D file (OBJ) in Shapefusion, and rotate it in 3D viewer?
b) Can you select Image Grabber as video source, then choose any image file (bmp), do you get live view? Alternatively, any other webcam?
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Daryatno » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:15 am

Here is the print screen of David when I run the David program. In Structured Light and David SLS setup, "David-cam-1-m(4DF54C4E)" appeared when I plug-in the camera. The FPS in the bottom right showed 0.0. There is no error message. The Advanced Settings->Service was activated with no error message too.

I can import any 3D file (OBJ) in shapefusion and rotate it in 3D viewer.
I can select Image Grabber as video source and choose an image file (bmp), but I still did not get any live view.

I have not try the camera on the old computer again and will try on other computer.
And I have not try any other webcam yet.
I will update on the issue again once I tried the camera on other computer and after I try other webcam on my computer again.

Thanks and Regards,
Daryatno
Daryatno

Postby Daryatno » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Dear Sven,
I was told to set the camera in lower FPS and it works!
It is said that this USB2.0 camera has some issue with the new USB3.0 chipset.
So it is not the Window 8.1 compatibility issue and the camera is in good condition, except the camera is not compatible with the new USB3.0 chipset.
Is there anyway we can solve this problem without lowering the FPS (anyway David 3 structure light does not have the FPS setting) and replacing my new motherboard with the older one.
Please help.
Thanks & Regards,
Daryatno
Daryatno

Postby drndadoo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 am

Hi Daryatno,

I saw on some forums that people who have USB 2.0 devices (mostly printers and scanners) and 3.0 ports are buying USB 2.0 hub and then use their devices over hub.
I am not sure how it works and will that help in your case but if you have time and you can get USB hub then test it .
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Hardware