Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Arduino turntable with variable number of scans

Arduino turntable with variable number of scans

Postby Zumlin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi,

I am currently thinking about building my own arduino driven turntable for the DAVID software and I already got a good impression how it works in general (thx to virtumake).
But there is one thing I dont't understand...
In the advanced settings of the DAVID software the "NumberOfScans" for a "Turntable" can be configured. But in all the projects, I already had a look at, the angle between two scans was hardcoded. Therefore this configuration didn't influence the amount of scans at all. How do I get this "NumberOfScans" information out from the DAVID software via UART into my arduino software?
Zumlin

Re: Arduino turntable with variable number of scans

Postby WalterMo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:51 pm

This could be a special feature for the future if a „standard“ turntable is used. Up to now it doesn't work.
Condition is then that the resolution of the stepping motor and the gear ratio of the table is known by DAVID.
WalterMo

Return to Hardware