Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

EPSON LED Projector EB-S7

EPSON LED Projector EB-S7

Postby keunnel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 am

Hi,

I'm currenly using davis scanner starter kit, but I was decided to change the setting up from laser scanning method to structured light method to increase the accuracy.
I am personally owning a projector with spesification as below:-
Projector: EPSON LED Projector EB-S7
Model: H328C
LCD size: 0.55 in (x3)
Driving Method: N/A
Native Resolution: SVGA
Supported Resolution: N/A
Projection Lens: Manual focus & 1.35x digital zoom F=1.44 / F=16.6 mm
Lamp Type: 175W UHE
For more details of the projector please refer: http://www.epson.com.ph/epson_philippines/projectors/product.page?product_name=Epson_EB-S7

My problem is that why the projection lines from this projector is so thick? Is there any setting that I can change to make those lines more focusing and thinner?
Or, is this projector not suitable to be use in david structural light method?

Thank you for advices.
keunnel

Re: EPSON LED Projector EB-S7

Postby WalterMo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:11 pm

keunnel wrote:My problem is that why the projection lines from this projector is so thick? Is there any setting that I can change to make those lines more focusing and thinner?
Or, is this projector not suitable to be use in david structural light method?

The width of the pattern change from 1 x black and 1 x white to several thin black&white lines in some seconds during calibration and scanning. Vertically and horizontally. Look here the animation on the DAVID angel:
http://wiki.david-3d.com/david3_user_ma ... ured_light
WalterMo

Postby keunnel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 am

Hi WalterMo,

So, are you meaning that this projector is suitable to be use for david structural light method? Tq.
keunnel

Postby WalterMo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm

It's difficult to say if this projector works fine with DAVID. Normally it should, but because I have never seen it working for members of this forum I don't like to say yes or no.

But I would prefer a projector with DLP and not with LCD technique. Do you really need such a light powerful device?
WalterMo

Postby moog » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 am

a couple of years ago,i borrowed one of these , overnight, to help me trouble shoot me newly bought second hand DLP projector set-up,
It worked fine, but the quality was slightly lower than mine due to the 600 x 800 resolution
LC532-5-3-F(16x65), BenQ PB8220 DLP Projector, logitec quickcam PRO9001, Casio EX-FH20
moog

Return to Hardware