Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

intel hd 3000..david scanner pro ed

intel hd 3000..david scanner pro ed

Postby deisel » Wed May 16, 2012 2:49 pm

afternoon folks
i could do with a quickish response here if anyone will oblige,im about to buy the pro version of david now i know theres a recommendation of two particular graphics cards but is there any reason why it wouldnt work with others?
i have a x64 laptop win7 6gb with an intel hd graphics built in,is anyone running david with intel graphics??
unfortunatly its not possible to upgrade these things with this laptop..im fast wishing i never bought it ,thanks
deisel

Re: intel hd 3000..david scanner pro ed

Postby WalterMo » Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Here we have opened a site what hardware people are using for SL scanning:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3044&p=21718#p21718

If you find an Intel graphics card you can ask its owner if it works fine with a video projector.

I think this is the fastest way to get an answer.
WalterMo

Postby Kondor1 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I have a new Lenovo z570 1024ayu laptop with Intel HD3000, it does fine with the Logitech Pro 9000
My project is about 10 years old. Mt1040 projector @600x800. I got a wonderful stitched scan the other day.

So you should be doing just fine with it.
Do not consider using the wireless display feature of laptops. It Will NOT work properly with WiDi connected to a WiDi interface as that will give you about a half second delay. (it is afterall wireless display and you need it synched properly for scanning purposes).
Bear in mind i did not scan the top or level off the bottom of the Wendys happy meal toy so it is just a 360 fused at 60 degree intervals.
Kondor1

Postby deisel » Wed May 16, 2012 8:53 pm

thanks lads
kondor i think i spoke to you a day or two back regarding the reconstruct me kinect...i never did get it going so ive given up on it hense me being here :wink: .
i need to get into this david scanning..ive paid a small fortune for scans mostly organic shapes.. nothing technical but just out of my expertise in cad programmes
which brings me back to this nasty peice of work called intel graphics most the cad software i used on my old laptop will not work on this...
deisel

Postby Kondor1 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 pm

I will make a video of my rig and post on youtube by this weekend (link will be posted here).
i am thinking it should be posted by Saturday, as i may have to redo it several times to make it look decent enough to post.
I have not seen too many pictures of peoples rigs to see how setups function. (usually either pictures of the rig, or videos of it scanning and no clip of the hardware setup/placement) Just remember, i am still going to do this on my coffee table in my apartment living room so it may be a cheesy video.
Kondor1

Postby deisel » Thu May 17, 2012 5:51 pm

looking forward to seeing it kondor :wink:
deisel

Return to Hardware