[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Modifyed Logitech Pro 9000
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Modifyed Logitech Pro 9000

Modifyed Logitech Pro 9000

Postby Greesha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 am

Hello to all,

I just finished with conversion of Logitech Pro 9000 to a new CS mounted lens.I've also added a 16ft USB 2.0 cable to extend the range.

The CCTV lens came from the . The lens are not top of the line but the results are very good.
The 16ft USB cable came from the
Attachments
DSC02960.JPG
DSC02956.JPG
DSC02957.JPG
Greesha

Re: Modifyed Logitech Pro 9000

Postby WalterMo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:46 am

Hi,

Good work! Nice design of the modified camera. And it seems to be a stable housing.

Two questions: Have you also mounted an IR cut-off filter?
And regarding the extension USB cable: Is it a passive connection or is it a so called repeater, means with an amplifier at its „female“ end? I had noticed that a passive 16 ft (about 5m) cable couldn't transfer data from the camera at maximal rate.

A suggestion: If you like to do SL scans, then the focal length of the lens should be matched to the projector's lens and should be about 10mm. E.g. like this one:
http://www.camera2000.com/en/6-15mm-cs- ... amera.html

Walter
WalterMo

Postby Greesha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Walter,

I did not used an IR cut off filter as I do not need any textures of models. The camera works nicely without filter in B/W mode.

The USB cable is capable of delivering 480Mb/s over 16ft as specified by USB2.0 protocol. Thus, I used it in passive connection and are able to receive camera's feed.

If I use my current lens (3.5-8mm) will I get any artifacts or lens aberration? Acer K11's lens has F = 2.0, f = 17.67mm.

Acer K11 800x600 60Hz
Logitech Pro 9000 800x600 1/60

Greesha
Greesha

Postby Greesha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Walter,

Will this lens work for the camera since it overlaps Acer K11's lens specs?
http://www.camera2000.com/en/1-3-9mm-22 ... mount.html

Greesha
Greesha

Postby WalterMo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Greesha,
Your current lens (3.5-8mm) will work fine, also for SL. I didn't mentioned another zoom lens because of possible artifacts or lens aberration. Only, because a focal length of 10 mm matches best regarding the image sizes of the projector and of the camera at the same distance to the object.

The difference isn't really big. For example:
Acer K11 and Pro9001 with a 8mm lens at the same distance of 74cm to a wall. Image width of the K11: 33cm and Pro9001: 41cm.

You mentioned above 480Mb/s over 16ft for the USB cable. Is this a rated value on a datasheet or could you measure it somehow?
If you have no problem with the camera's captured frame rate, ok, why to worry about. But I remember to have had problems some time ago. And therefore I prefer to use a repeater.

The zoom lens that you linked to, covers a wide focal length range. It will work. But because it has an extremely long focal length (22mm) I am a bit uncertain if it can also focus sharp to close-by objects. I think it's mainly developed to observe over long distances. But who knows?

Walter

Edit: Now, when I reread your last post I understand what you meant with "overlaps the K11's lens specs".
No, you cannot compare the projector's lens specs with those of the cam's ones. A lens for example is developed to project an object of a certain size to e.g. a wall. For example a slide of 24x36mm.
If the object is smaller, e.g. a 8mm hobby film, the focal length must be another, even if the distances to the wall and the projected areas are the same.
Related to a camera and a projector:
The camera's photo sensor has a different size than the projector's DLP (micro mirror array).
WalterMo

Postby Greesha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Walter,

I've checked the cable by plug in it to USB2.0 flatbed scanner. It worked flawlessly. I don't know other way to test which speed cable is capable of supporting. The difference between USB1.0 and USB2.0 cables are the way internal wires are shielded.

I've also made a stand for the projector and camera based on your design. Yours seemed to be stable and I did not feel the need to re-invent the stand. The tripod is Gitzo Studex without the head. I had a problem mounting the rig to a hot-shoe, it proved to be very unstable. So the stand is mounted directly to tripod's standard 3/8 screw.

Greesha

PS. I will follow with more photos once I get home.
Greesha

Postby Greesha » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am

Additional photos of housing and mounting plate.
Attachments
DSC02955.JPG
DSC02958.JPG
DSC02959.JPG
Greesha

Postby derHenry » Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi, what would you take in Euros if I´d send you my Webcam Logitech 9000 Pro to modify for CS Mount like you did?
:?:
derHenry
derHenry

Return to Hardware