[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - construction of my scanner
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

construction of my scanner

construction of my scanner

Postby Kbbr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 am

Hi David-Fans!

I am now starting with the construction of my scanner for planeless scanning with turntable and a tiltable frame. The circuit draft for this project I have already improved with the great help of Walter ().

In this topic I want to document step by step the work on my scanner hardware and ask my questions if problems or obscurities appear. At the moment I am drawing the layout for the setup of the electronic components on a perfboard. When it is finished, I will upload it here. Unfortunately the first obscurity appeared already:

Is it a problem if the Pololu stepper motor driver is supplied with power without a connected motor? (VMOT und GND connected, all 4 motor coils disconnected)?

Thanks!
Stefan
Kbbr

Re: construction of my scanner

Postby WalterMo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Stefan, it's no problem if the outputs are free. But don't connect or disconnect the two motor coils if the Pololu is supplied with power. This could damage the Pololu (or any other driver) in ms for ever!

Walter

PS. I am curious to see your progress.
WalterMo

Return to Hardware