[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Stepper motor for planeless
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Stepper motor for planeless

Stepper motor for planeless

Postby Vardekrom » Tue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello dear David-Laserscannists,

After a long talk with Walter, and looking for different stepper + gearbox for a planeless scan, we came up with a stepper from nanotec, but unfortunately it takes 3 weeks to deliver, and I can't wait such a long time. So I'm looking for another stepper, and there is a link on the forum for the following stepper:
I know they have a provider in Netherlands, so I guess it will be pretty fast if they have it in stock, but what I would like to know is if this stepper + gearbox is working well with an easydriver V4, if any of you had a good or bad experience on it. And if it will definitely not work, is there any alternative?

Thanks a lot for your help
Vardekrom

Re: Stepper motor for planeless

Postby WalterMo » Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 am

The link in the post above doesn't work.

So try this one:
http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?ca ... ct_id=3313
WalterMo

Postby Vardekrom » Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 am

I just had a mail from EZtronics, and apparently they are not sure the easydriver board will be powerful enough to make the stepper woking. So I guess I should go up for a polulu which is able to go up to 4A for the motor supply. Maybe it's the solution. But I still need to know if the stepper+gearbox is good enough for a planeless scan ^^

PS: I don't know if this post is in the good section of the forum, maybe it should be moved to another one?
Vardekrom

Postby bartjuan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I am using this stepper / gearbox right now and it is working very nicely. I am also using the EasyDriver v4 so, it can work...
However, I think I would go to the Pololu board if I were ding a new build.
logitech pro 9000
ARDU3 based rig Using Katyb softrware
<5mw <300mA green(532nm) Apinex-#LC532-5-3F
Apinex <5mw focusable red

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
bartjuan

Return to Hardware