[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Planelss Autoscan Signal Start
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Planelss Autoscan Signal Start

Planelss Autoscan Signal Start

Postby creativeconcepts » Sat May 15, 2010 12:30 am

What type of signal does David output to initiate an autoscan? What type of signal does David need to receive in order to initiate the software with the start of the motor sequence?

Can someone please help me sync DLS software and the motor controller to inititate an autoscan? What type of signals are others using? I'm not an electronics wiz.

The controller connects to the computer via an RS232 to 9 pin serial cable. It's an Applied Motion controller and stepper motor for rotating the laser. It comes with it's one programming language that was a piece of cake to program - all windows and graphic based (easy for anyone).
- 8 user programmable inputs
- 3 optically isolated 5/24 VDC outputs
- Communication via RS232 or optional encoder/RS485 daughter board
- Screw terminal connector blocks for power, motor and I/O. RJ11 for RS232 port
Inputs can be 5 - 24V, optically isolated. 2200 ohms internal resistance. Can be configured for sinking (NPN) or sourcing (PNP) signals.
Outputs can be optically isolated. 24V, 100 mA max.

Thanks,

Rob
creativeconcepts

Re: Planelss Autoscan Signal Start

Postby Francois » Sat May 15, 2010 6:53 am

Francois

Postby Bongobat » Sat May 15, 2010 8:15 pm

DealExtreme red line laser, Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
Bongobat

Postby creativeconcepts » Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks for the replies Francois and Greg.

Francois, the controller is the 3540i. I read through a lot of the posts and I'm still unsure. Your post "COM port handshake and David" sounds almost the same minus the second computer and electronics knowledge. Do you think I can make it work? Do I need com0com? I hoped a packaged system would be easier to get started versus wiring my own circuits and recycling motors.

Greg, it looks like there are 3 ways to sync DLS and controllers. Which one is the most reliable or user friendly?

If I can get DLS and the controller to activate, do I need VB?

Maybe it would have been easier to copy others designs!?!?!?!

Thanks,

Rob
creativeconcepts

Postby Francois » Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Francois

Postby Francois » Sun May 16, 2010 10:19 am

Francois

Postby creativeconcepts » Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Francois,

The opportunity has already come and gone.

I think I'll go the Arduino route for now and work on another approach on the side lines. The Applied Motion system would have been neat, clean and self contained. Arduino is not as clean.

I have a 4th axis mini CNC that I would love to drop DLS into and do 360-360 auto scanning with auto fusion, etc. I know I can send GCode commands for on/off procedures (coolant, spindle, etc.). These will be substituted for lasser, scan motion and rotation on/off. I'll post something when I get there.

My issue is that not everyone out there has a CNC, software and hardware like this at their disposal.

Thanks for your input.

Rob
creativeconcepts

Postby Francois » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Francois

Return to Hardware