Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Ready to use turntable

Ready to use turntable

Postby funtasma » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I randomly found a ready to use turntable and thought some of you might be interested in that thing as well. All you need to do is installing a motor. It's produced by Reely and is used as assembly stand for model cars. It's running even on ball bearings.

I attached pictures of my stand which I equipped with a stepper motor and a V-belt drive, both taken from an old Epson C84 printer. I tried it with loads up to 1 Kilo and it's working quite well.

-Benjamin-

P2076778.jpg

P2076780.jpg
funtasma

Re: Ready to use turntable

Postby RAYA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi

Seems good solution, what is the arm duty attached to stepper motor axis ?

Does this turntable have surface needle bearing or using a bush ?

Ray
RAYA

Re: Ready to use turntable

Postby funtasma » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 am

The device comes with two ball bearings which make it run real smooth.

The arm that you see is pressing slightly on the V-belt to generate the right tension. When tension is too high, the stepper will make mistakes or even don't move at all. If the tension is not high enough the motor easyly runs without moving the V-belt.
The helps to keep upright the neccessary tension. Like this you can handle more heavy loads.

-Benjamin-
funtasma

Return to Hardware