[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - VripPack: problem setting environment variables
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

VripPack: problem setting environment variables

VripPack: problem setting environment variables

Postby Ordibble Plop » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 am

If anyone has successfully installed and used VripPack, could you please tell me in which file(s) I am meant to set the environment variable? And also the exact form this should take?

I untarred the vrippack package to c/cygwin/home/myname/vrippack so going by the instructions in the user manual (see below) I suppose the line I need to add would be;

export VRIP_DIR c/cygwin/home/myname/vrippack/src/vrip

However, I have no idea which "file gets sourced when executing /bin/csh" nor how I go about setting it. I've tried entering the command as written in the manual but I get a message saying it is not a valid identifier.

have set up Cygwin under Windows and apparently compiled VripPack OK, but this is an area i have never been into before and I have no knowledge of Linux/Unix.

Thanks for any help

The user manual (http://graphics.stanford.edu/software/vrip/guide/) states:

Before you get started, you will need to set up some environment variables. These environment variables are typically set in the .cshrc or .bash_profile file in your home directory. We'll use the ``setenv'' command to describe how to set the environment variables, but bash users will instead use the ``export'' command.

Note: The Vrip commands are executed as shell scripts using /bin/csh. You must set the environment variables in whichever file gets sourced when executing these scripts.

If we call the place where you unpack vrippack the your_root/vrippack directory, then you will need to set:

setenv VRIP_DIR your_root/vrippack/src/vrip
Ordibble Plop

Postby Ordibble Plop » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:36 am

Well, I figured out the proper syntax for the environment variables but still haven't figured which file they should go in. Or, rather, putting them in the suggested files (.bash_profile or .bashrc) did not work.

It doesn't much matter anyway. What I did was export the variables manually and then tried to start the VripPack software. It started but then complained that there is a problem with the installation of Tcl.

Looking about, I have not been able to find a solution to this problem and it is currently way beyond me, so I have given up trying to run VripPack under Cygwin.

Maybe I will try installing Linux and see if that works any better - I've always meant to give Linux a try, so perhaps now is the time.

Or better yet, maybe the fine writers of DAVID will make their stitching software available and I will be able to afford it :D
Ordibble Plop

Postby Simon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:47 pm

I have no experience with VripPack, but fortunately the "mesh stitching" part of DAVID is nearly complete.
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby Ordibble Plop » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi Simon, that's great news! Thanks for letting us know.
Ordibble Plop

Return to Software