Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Automated recognition of scan colors

Automated recognition of scan colors

Postby rickiabonidd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:57 am

Hey everyone, its my first time posting but I have been following the progress of DAVID for quite some time and have been thoroughly impressed by all of the amazing work and insight this community has to offer.

Ive been playing with an idea to create an application to be used in the dental industry for the creation of prosthetics combining a process which includes scanning and cad design. Im hoping to reach out to the community in search of some answers and possibilities.

Is anyone aware of any 3d design software that is capable of recognizing specific colors on a scanned item (with texture) and basing an automated design on the location of these colors? For a simple examples sake...say i took a 3d scan of a plaster cube with a red circle drawn on one of its sides. Is there a way of using a software that can recognize that red circle and has an automated process that designs a item, of curtain predetermined parameters, using that red circled as a border for its design.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! Happy Holidays and all the best
rickiabonidd

Re: Automated recognition of scan colors

Postby hunkatibor2 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:45 pm

automated design on the location of these colors?

I only know the software in the dental industry where hands and my brain comes to work. Automated design can not.
Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Return to Software