Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Colour of pattern selectable?

Colour of pattern selectable?

Postby VDX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am

Hi team,

ist it possible to select the colour of the projected pattern?

Soon I'll receive two Casio DLP-beamers with removed blue-laser bank but working with the remained superbright red LED - so maybe with changing the pattern colour to red it will behave different (better?) than with normal 'white'?

'White' is combined with this types of DLP-beamers from red(LED)+green(fluorescence-window)+blue(laser) through the colour wheel and corresponding micro-mirror positioning.

*** EDIT: - while writing this post, I've found, that removing the colour wheel and stay with 'white' pattern should be better, as the micro-mirrors will stay continuously or 3 times in a single turn of the colur wheel in position, while with 'red' they should be angled away for the 'green' and 'blue' time, so with red the image will oszillate slightly more and so should be darker and/or more phase-sensitive for the camera than with 'continuous' beaming.

But either way - changing of the pattern colour could be interesting for other problems/options too ...

Viktor
VDX

Re: Colour of pattern selectable?

Postby hal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:12 am

Hello,

maybe is a stupid suggestion but... pls try: I think u should change the color of projection adjusting freely the White Balance value from camera settings. Isn't it?
When I set manually the white tone, I see that my prijector change the white temperature from colf to warm. Ok, probably this isn't the best solution, but pls, give it a try.

Mattia
hal

Postby VDX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:41 pm

... this was not for the camera (it's a B/W-cam) - my idea was to optimize the timing of the mirrors in the DMDchip for best luminance by setting the displayed/beamed colour ...

Viktor
VDX

Postby hal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm

ok, sorry I missed that important information. hehe

Bye
hal

Postby swang » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:49 am

Hello VDX,

Have you figure out the way to change the color of the projected patter for structured light scanning via the software? I noticed you did lots of work trying to replace the light source to force the projector to output monochromatic light, it seems pretty involved.

Thanks,

Shuping
swang

Postby VDX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 am

... with my modified beamers it's simply a matter of selecting the proper light source.

I've dismantled one of the DLP-beamers complete until the DMD-chip, so I can insert a light-feeder and illuminate through the fiber - here any lamp or laser focussable to the diameter of the light-feeder is usable ... look here, at post #123: http://diy-community.de/showthread.php? ... aserbank-für-35-Euro/page13

High-power LED's can be so small with a cooler, that they'll fit between the boards directly ... so the intensity is higher than through a fiber ...

Viktor
VDX

Postby swang » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 am

Hi VDX,

Thank you for the information. I am just wondering if we can simply select the light pattern color via the software. If seems odd we can't do that. But you went through all these troubles I am sure you've explored that possibility. Could share some details of what you found on that aspect?

By the way, the reason I would prefer a green light pattern is I would like to scan a object that's immersed in water. So, with a monochromatic light, the pattern will be sharper, and the I should able to achieve a better result.

SW
swang

Postby VDX » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 am

... until now I was scanning with BW-cams without colour texture, so the 'only red'-modified Casio beamer was enough.

For scanning with a green pattern I could replace the red Phlat-LED with a green one and remove the colour-filters, so the green light would pass ... or use the other beamer, that is modified for 'lampless', with a halogen bulb through a light-feeding fiber and a pass-green filter at the emitter end ...

Actually I'm modifying another beamer, that has 6 of the LD's remaining, so can project with (slightly dimmed) full colour - here I'll be interested in selectable pattern colours too ... maybe Sven can simply add this option for the SL-settings? ... shouldn't be a problem ...

Viktor
VDX

Postby Sven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am

Hello,

When we started in 2007/8, we received a lot of interesting suggestions in this forum, and sometimes we could implement them and upload a new version within 24 hours... :D
Today our to-do-lists are full and everything takes much longer... :(

I have made a new version 3.7.1.3642 with a new Advanced Setting -> Structured Light -> PatternColor, which you can set to white, red, green or blue. Default is white of course.
Download: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freeware/DAVID_3.7.1.3642.zip

I have made a quick test with the SLS-1 (Acer K11+). There is not much difference. It seems red and green give best results, but my object was green/brown, so it's no wonder that blue light is not the best choice.
:arrow: Please test it for yourselves!

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby VDX » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Sven,

Thanks! - will try this later and give feedback ...

Viktor
VDX

Postby Austin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:53 am

Sven wrote:Hello,

When we started in 2007/8, we received a lot of interesting suggestions in this forum, and sometimes we could implement them and upload a new version within 24 hours... :D

I have made a new version 3.7.1.3642 with a new Advanced Setting -> Structured Light -> PatternColor, which you can set to white, red, green or blue. Default is white of course.

I have made a quick test with the SLS-1 (Acer K11+). There is not much difference. It seems red and green give best results, but my object was green/brown, so it's no wonder that blue light is not the best choice.

Sven

Hello Sven,
I've downloaded the version 3.7.1.3642, but it can't run in my win7 64bit OS.
The 3.7.1.3624 can run normally.
What's the change between these two version?
Lenovo T420:intel i7-2640M,4GB RAM;Acer K11;Imaging Source DMK 23G445,DMx 41BUC02+Pentax H614M,Pentax C2514-M
Austin

Postby Austin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 am

Austin wrote:

Sven

Hello Sven,
I've downloaded the version 3.7.1.3642, but it can't run in my win7 64bit OS.
The 3.7.1.3624 can run normally.
What's the change between these two version?

The 64bit can't run properly.The error message is shown in the attached pic.
Attachments
error.PNG
Error occurs when run the DAVID3_x64.exe
Lenovo T420:intel i7-2640M,4GB RAM;Acer K11;Imaging Source DMK 23G445,DMx 41BUC02+Pentax H614M,Pentax C2514-M
Austin

Postby Sven » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Austin,

That's interesting. On my computer it works fine.

1) Does the 32-bit version work fine?
2) Are you sure you have installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5?
3) Is your Windows up to date?
4) Please try to copy these 4 dll files from your older .3624 folder to your new .3642 folder. Does that help?
- msvcp110.dll
- msvcr110.dll
- vccorlib110.dll
- vcomp110.dll

Thanks
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Austin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 am

Sven wrote:Hi Austin,

That's interesting. On my computer it works fine.

1) Does the 32-bit version work fine?
2) Are you sure you have installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5?
3) Is your Windows up to date?
4) Please try to copy these 4 dll files from your older .3624 folder to your new .3642 folder. Does that help?
- msvcp110.dll
- msvcr110.dll
- vccorlib110.dll
- vcomp110.dll

Thanks
Sven

After installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, it works again.
Thanks Sven.
ps:I found that the language includes "Chinese simplified" but there are no resources yet,when will it come out?
Austin

Postby swang » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 am

Sven

Hello Sven,

This is so awesome. I think for special applications (e.g. scan an object in water or scan through glass) monochromatic pattern helps in certain degree.

SW
swang

Next

Return to Software