[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - 3D objects in Office documents
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

3D objects in Office documents

3D objects in Office documents

Postby MagWeb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi Davidians,

You know, I´m not the one and only MS fan, but I have to admit:
I've found a way to embed 3D objects in MS Word and Powerpoint...

To do that you need *.3dxml files:

To create such a file with freeware:
-Download "3DVIA PrintScreen" and "3D XML Player" from
- Maybe you need "Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0" from to install the player.
-Install Printscreen and Player;

Run Printscreen

-Open your 3D file in an OpenGL-Player (like DAVIDs viewer or Meshlab)
-Simply hit F10 (default setting of Printscreen) and Printscreen catches the object of the active window like a 3D screenshot and saves it to its standard folder as a 3dxml file.
-Simply drag this file into your *.doc or *.ppt-document.

Ready

I tested with Word 2000 and all worked, but the player has to be installed.(maybe the object isn´t oriented right, but I discovered this way this evening and wanted to share)

Think u3d in pdf is the better way to exchange (for you don´t need a add on) but for presentations this might be helpfull.....

Gunter
EDIT: updated links
Last edited by MagWeb on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagWeb

re

Postby humanticnc » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Magweb
Tested and works for me . PDF -es a solution wants to be out of order for me , why ??
Tibor
Pc Hardware : AMD Sepron 2800 2.1 GHz 1 GB RAM
Cam : Microszoft LifeCam VX- 6000
Laser : 5 Mw Red pointer glass pole you are green laser Mattia timer clock
humanticnc

Postby MagWeb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi again.

attached an example file.
Some experiences: You have to reduce mesh resolution much more than in pdf. So for web use---> use pdf-u3d way.
For presentation on a hardware-way (USB-stick CD Rom...) or your network its a realy good alternative, for it is much easier to formate....and done quickly

I´m only able to activate the embedded viewer once. If I leave it and return, the viewer stays grey....
When I use meshlab, Printscreen doesn´t work if I´ve put some filters on the mesh. If so: Save and open again and printscreen will do its job....

Edit: you might also need:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to install the player

@ humanticnc:

Do you own the newest version of acrobat reader? (version 7 seems to fail sometimes) If yes - Can you watch pdfs posted by me , Bongobat or Hal?

Gunter
Attachments
Dok1.doc.zip
Example file: Word 97 (the Judas, you know)
(675.86 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
MagWeb

re

Postby humanticnc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Magweb
I can read PDF simply. But I would like it if I would be top notch to do it what you know .
Tibor
humanticnc

re

Postby humanticnc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:04 pm

I managed to set this up now
Attachments
elsö-XML.JPG
humanticnc

Postby MagWeb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi Tibor,

with Right Mouse Button you`ll get the option to show the icons. But I think you´ve got this allready...

Catching the mesh from Meshlab:
Rotate the object : Head to 7 o'clock and 45° towards viewer. This way I get a right frontal viewpoint in the 3dxml

Nice feature of the embedded 3dxml:
The last viewpoint and zoom is saved, saving the *.doc or *.ppt.

Gunter
MagWeb

Return to Software