Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Possible to disable exposure slider?

Possible to disable exposure slider?

Postby Jeanyes » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:14 pm

I am using a SL projector setup which runs at 60 Hertz. I have noticed that I get much less interference between my camera refresh and projector if I set my camera to a number evenly disable into 60. For example, 10fps, 15fps, 20fps... all of these can go into 60 an even number of times. When I click on "Cam Properties" my driver does allow me to make this setting. However, when I click apply and hit ok to go back into the david software it automatically resets to whatever is closest to the increments on the David exposure slider. For example, 1/10th get reset to 1/8th, 1/15th gets reset to 1/16th, etc. etc.

I am trying to remove wavy lines in my scans and I know this will help. For some reason the david software does not reset the logitech drivers, only the drivers for my new I-Cube CCD.

My only other option would be to set my projector to something other than 60 Hertz. Something that is an even multiple of 8, 16, etc... I don't see this option in the windows software but perhaps there would be a way to do this in the system registry?
Jeanyes

Re: Possible to disable exposure slider?

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello Jeanyes,

It is not possible to disable the Exposure slider. However you don't have to. When you are in SL mode and have AdvancedSettings->SettingsHandling->Camera->Properties->EnableHandlingForStructuredLight set OFF (as is default), then DAVID will not change the exposure time by itself. The value that the Exposure slider shows is not necessarily exact, it is rounded.
Of course when you move the Exposure slider, you will change the setting.
Just ignore the slider, and you should be fine.

The reason for the rough steps (powers of 2) are that the standard interface between DirectShow devices and software like DAVID allows only to read and write powers of 2 as Exposure values. :(

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Jeanyes » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Sven,

Ok, this worked great for me. At first I did not realize that I can not even click on the "Cam properties" box as it would lock me to the closest multiple of 2. But if I set my framerate outside of david then start david and never attempt to change any camera settings then all works great.

Thanks!

Jean
Jeanyes

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Jean,
You don't even have to set anything "outside of DAVID". You can set everything in the "Cam Properties" window - just don't move the Exposure slider.
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Software