Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

3D Laser Scanning using MATLAB - Help pls

3D Laser Scanning using MATLAB - Help pls

Postby v.navaneethakannan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi there,

I am working on a project to build a 3D laser scanner using Matlab scripts. I have almost done the hardware part of it. As i don't have much experience n Matlab, I'm totally struck in further proceedings. Can you please share your experiences and advises in moving further. I would be very grateful for this help.

Thanks in advance,
VJ
v.navaneethakannan

Re: 3D Laser Scanning using MATLAB - Help pls

Postby spamsac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Well, that's a bit of an open question. Are you wanting someone to give you the code, do the maths, or what? Have you decided how the code will work and just need help implementing it?

How come you're using Matlab if you don't know how to use it?

I work with Matlab and have a reasonable grasp of it so will help if I can, but you'll need to be a bit more specific for me to help you.

Simon
spamsac

Postby spamsac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi VJ,

Thank you for your email. I think it makes sense to do things here on the forum, and then other people can provide input, but also anyone else interested in similar things can find them. (Is it ok with the mods to discuss this here? I don't want to tread on anyone's toes...).

Provided it is ok, I think the best thing would be to describe the approach you are thinking of taking, and I can then try and help with Matlab specific issues, as well and try and help with general questions to the best of my ability (work flow etc.).

Cheers,
Simon
spamsac

Postby MagWeb » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi,

think its OK to discuss.

I moved the topic to the third party section to make clear that these informations are not describing a DAVID workflow or technic.

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby spamsac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Cheers Gunter.
spamsac

Postby Godehardt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Hello,
as far as I know, there is already a project in MatLab on scanning objects. Probably in this project, they have used the method of structured light. Maybe it would help you to first check the ideas of this project and then to go on with yours.
Best regards
Erhard Godehardt
Godehardt

Return to Software