Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

video processing

video processing

Postby johnrpm » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 pm

I would like to scan objects away from home but not have to take a pc and all the hastle that entails, it occured to me that if I had a decent video camera then the only problem would be getting the right light conditions, I have used David enough to know what it expects but the chances are that when I try to load the avi it would not work well, I have done some image processing in the past and started looking for a free video processor on the net to make the avi scan usable with David, I found Roborealm, this really is an exellent tool, not only can it process video but can move motors and servos, they have added a module to put points on lines for me that can be written to a file," in effect a scanner" I sent them a still from this site to work with, I hope you do not mind.
johnrpm

Return to Software