[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Structured light 3d scanner from siggraph.
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Structured light 3d scanner from siggraph.

Structured light 3d scanner from siggraph.

Postby chris_lwgr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi to all Davidians.
I dont want to "hijack" the David laserscanner and the forums (Its an amazing piece of software)but check this site
http://mesh.brown.edu/byo3d/source.html it has amazing results with structured light software and shadow scanner and its for free.
chris_lwgr

Postby hal » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Hello and welcome chris_lwgr,
Thank you for the link. Interesting. Don't worry about any kind of hijack action. Your is an interesting contribute to the knowledge about the 3D scanner field.
As far as I can see into the linked site, the software is still as SourceCode, so not so usefull from people like me, that don't know nothing about programming and math.
So, me and many users of David, need a more friendly interface with our software :wink:
The linked software seems very interesting but need more support, more accessibility and more, more tests.
All the users of David well known how big is the 3D scanning panorama and that exist many cool things, but not all are for all.
And sometimes not all the software/solution are suitable for all the different purposes.
At now, David can allow a very scalable results, for many tastes and for all the budgets.

My compliments to Mr. Lanman and Mr.Taubin for their research. I like very much the free sharing of knowledge.

Best Regards,
Mattia
hal

Re: Structured light 3d scanner from siggraph.

Postby chris_lwgr » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Hal ,its being a long time that i monitor all the amazing scans from you and all the others.
Now for the link , i downloaded the ''Pre-compiled Windows binary zip'' from the source code and it works without need of programming .All you need is to install ''OpenCV version 1.1pre1'' .
I managed to calibrate my quickcam pro 9000(they recommend it) but i don't have any projector at home( it seems that works maybe).Ill try to do some tests at the studio and if i have any results i'll post.
chris_lwgr

Postby hal » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi,
I've tried to open the software, but an error message alert me that the cv110.dll file is missing.
I've previously installed the OpenCV version 1.1pre1 ,but the error is still there.
I've a Windows 7 S.O.. this can be the problem?
Do you know if the .dll library are dowlodable from somewhere into the web? And where must be placed?

Edit: the text below is my mistake. Sorry. The work was done with David.

Bye,
Mattia
hal

Postby chris_lwgr » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Hal , the dlls must be in your C:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin (if we assume that you made the install there.).I tested with winxp ,maybe it doesn't work
on 0.S 7 .
As for the test no it's not structured light scan ,it's David.

Cheers.

ps. I'll try to post test scans by the end of week. (structured light).
If you don't have the dll's mail me to send it to you.
chris_lwgr

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Mattia,

you´ve to copy cv110.dll, cxcore110.dll and highgui110.dll from ..../OpenCV/bin to ..../cvStructuredLight. That works at least at XP.

But I think the only supported cam is the Pro 9000. Even the Pro for notebooks isn't working.....

Gunter

EDIT: To use another cam than the Pro9000, you´ve to set it manually in the config.xml
MagWeb

Postby hal » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks guys for the support :D
Bye, Mattia
hal

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 am

ouphs!

handle with care, seems the soft highjacks the logitech camdriver setting it to raw mode.

Now the Pro gives a blue/Black image. And the Notobook version doesn´t react any more. Cann´t get access via DAVID any more.

Let´s see...
MagWeb

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 am

MagWeb

Postby chris_lwgr » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi guys.
Before any test read with care the instructions(it's all there).
README.zip
(6.59 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
chris_lwgr

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi,

Tooltime: True men don´t need instructions! :wink:

Just kiding..
take a look also on the very good slides on this page. They illustrate very well the basics of scanning!

Ok, I managed to get through (BTW: Do not use "S" but "s" a.s.o...) depthimage and saving all seems right. But how to open the final .wrl ? Meshlab doesn´t want to open it (also wrl is supported). Let´s see

Remainig question: which position assumes the soft? Projector above, below, left or right of the cam - or doesn´t that matter?

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby chris_lwgr » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey Magweb ,try to open the wrl with the j3dpgp (see attachement).
As for the orientation i think that is left or right.
Attachments
j3DPGP-A1.zip
(270.14 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
chris_lwgr

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi,

thanks for the nice viewer Chris.

Ok, my results:
I found no way till now to get the files out of the system to process these with some other software. But I´m quite sure there is a way.
A little tricky appeares the cam controll. The soft gives only access to grain, so you´ve to get out, set the cam via its driver software and step into the prog again.
Calibration is quite a fun. To find these nice colored rows of markers and catch them at the right moment. That seem to give quite a good calibration. I noticed allmost no distortions in the results.
Alltough the Gray sequence of patterns is quite long ( vertical and horizontal), triggering the cam is well synchronized. Scanning makes fun. Its a pitty that you do not see your result in 3D, but only in a depth image (in my case rather monochrome) and you´ve to save the result before opening in the viewer posted above.
The viewer shows the pointcloud textured and I (maybe I missed something) found no way to watch the pure mesh or pointcloud to say something about the topology.
The mesh appeares pretty nice, with a little noisy texture.

This time I checked for the first time if one can stand a pico projector with open eyes. I think that is no problem at all for all no vampires. Facescanning with open eyes in seconds. So its time to reanimate the structured light approach in DAVID.

I cann´t present some 3D Flash or U3D for I cann´t get the files out of the wrl format. Here are some quick examples. For those who may find a wrl-converting solution I post the wrl + its png texture of my eye too.

Again, please visite the very informative "Slides" page of mesh.brown.edu and learn the basics of scanning.
thanks Chris (for I lost this known side in my radar)

Gunter

For the wrl is to big for the forum filelimit:
download the eyescan wrl as test 15.wrl at: bottom of the page
Attachments
CVSLtest.jpg
test_15.png
MagWeb

Postby chris_lwgr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey Mag ,i've managed to load the wrl format with Blender (its free ).Now we want a program to triangulate the point-cloud (free or open source).
Check also this http://sites.google.com/site/structured ... mentations ,its very interesting open-source structured light scanners.(i managed some of the codes to work but its not so simple i think).
If anyone wants to experiment and needs help just make a post here and i'll try to reply with any knowledge i gathered so far.(The most user friendly is the --ThreePhaseScan_24_05--)

Happy scanning.
chris_lwgr

Postby MagWeb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Chris,

well, hmm maybe I know the code on googlecode quite well too. :wink: Gunter :wink:

How did you get the wrl to Blender (Vrml 1.0 import?). I tried this too, but failed.
If you have the pointcloud in Blender, you could try to save it to another format (e.g. .obj) and open this exported file in Meshlab.
Meshlab should be able to process a mesh from the cloud ( Filters/ PointSet....)

Gunter
MagWeb

Next

Return to Software