A scan...The best so far for me!

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

A scan...The best so far for me!

Postby AlbinKlein » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 am

This is a Buddhist statue, it´s a protector and the name is MAHAKALA.

I hope you guys like it, I still need more fine details but I am looking forward for HD video support for David.

I am using a HDR-HC7 HDV Handycam SONY, I-Link connected, a green focused laser and moving the laser very slow with one of those kitchen timers...

Comments?
Attachments
mahakala.jpg
-AK
-David Background Panels.
-Logitech QuickCamPro 9000
-Green focusable laser and moving it very slow with one of those kitchen timers...
AlbinKlein

Re: A scan...The best so far for me!

Postby hal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 am

Hello AlbinKlein,

nice result. The shape is very complex and I think that the original object is very colored... Have you coated it with powder or with matte painting? Seems that some noise on the surface can be derived from self-reflections. I've used a water-color painted with an airbrush on metal and plastic objects with good results.
If you post one image taken during scanning grabbing the Davis's window, we can estimate if your laser line is thin and sharp enough.

Good work,
Mattia

p.s.: I like your render :D : What kind of 3D software have you used fot this great occlusion effect? Thanks.
PC: DELL M90, Intel T7200, 4 Gb Ram, nVidia Quadro 3500FX.
SO: Win 7 64Bit.
CAMs: USB CCD Color (1024x768, 30 fps) & Canon EOS 1000D.
LENS: 12 mm & VariFocal 3,5-8 mm.
PROJECTOR: ACER K11 & DELL M110.
LASERS: 5mW and 16 mW.
hal

Postby AlbinKlein » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:42 am

Thank you for the comments...

This statue is non colored and made of clay, actually this one is white, I am going to use one colored to test, same one but painted, although I have some problems with metallic painted statues, the problem would be to paint them because they are very valuable and painted by hand, so that can ruin them a bit and/or the owners won´t NEVER let me do that. Any ideas to do a metallic render with no coated or nondestructive process?

I am gonna post a pic of the laser today, I am working on another statue now, but my main need is to be able to use the HD video from this camera, that would fix all my worries... ;-)

Thanks again
-AK
-Green focusable laser and moving it very slow with one of those kitchen timers...
AlbinKlein

Postby AlbinKlein » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 am

I use Newtek Lightwave 9.5 at the moment but I am going to render it also with Maxwell render....That will look great!
-AK
AlbinKlein

Return to General Discussion