Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Upgraded to v4 from v3 issues

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Upgraded to v4 from v3 issues

Postby dangre » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Its been awhile since I dusted off my scanner. I updated from v3 to v4 but am having an issue. I tried searching the forum with no luck.
I opened up v3 and the software/hardware works fine. When I try to use v4 with all the hardware still connected I am able to calibrate just fine but the scans only result in a very small amount of vertices (v4=28 vertices, v3=117,746 vertices).
I did not change any settings from default. I made sure my drivers were updated but maybe someone has some advice.
I am using DAVID-CAM-1-C and Acer K1.
Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre

Re: Upgraded to v4 from v3 issues

Postby drndadoo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Uh, hard to guess, you can create support request in DAVID4 and send zip file on your reseller. They will be able to see your calibration, last scan and settings parameters.
Is your object too dark, maybe you need more light to scan it properly. I saw the same problem once, there was not enough liht on the scene, so as a result you get just a few points.
How does your red sinus line looks like?
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Re: Upgraded to v4 from v3 issues

Postby dangre » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:04 pm

My post was purposely vague in hopes that this issue was noticed before. I reloaded the cam driver this morning and everything seems to be working fine. It was just odd that my settings worked fine with v3 and not v4. Hopefully this explains all my issues.
Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre

Return to General Discussion