Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Is it possible to change the colors of the interface?

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Is it possible to change the colors of the interface?

Postby behold » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:22 pm

Some of the entry boxes are difficult to read because they are being defaulted to black lettering on dark grey backgrounds. I would like to change this.
behold

Re: Is it possible to change the colors of the interface?

Postby micr0 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 am

I just had to reinstall David and Now all the text populating the software is black and impossible to read.

So can someone answer this question? I'm going to cross post this in hopes that this isn't a dead thread.
µ
micr0

Postby hal » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:12 am

Hello,
that's strange, because I am using the same GUI interface and texts are well visible. Maybe you have an O.S. texts color different from the default? Did you tried to check the Control panel of you Operative system?

Mattia
hal

Postby micr0 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:39 pm

hal wrote:Hello,
that's strange, because I am using the same GUI interface and texts are well visible. Maybe you have an O.S. texts color different from the default? Did you tried to check the Control panel of you Operative system?

Mattia

Occam's razor!!!

Thanks Hal.

I was using the "Classic" theme in windows 7 and when I changed it to "Basic" my problem with the interface text color went away. I like Classic as it makes the GUI much faster, but on this new Skylake based machine this really isn't an issue.

David support take note. :D
µ
micr0

Postby hal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi.
Happy you solved. I am wrong or each theme have the capability to be customized? I dont use Win 7 from time but if i remember well it can be personalized. I mean the text fonts and colors. Or I am wrong?
Best regards,
Mattia
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Postby behold » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:27 am

I updated to windows 10 which also changed the default color scheme to something more ledgeable. Therefore, my issue is resolved as well.
behold

Return to General Discussion