Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Online 3d Scan Viewer

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Online 3d Scan Viewer

Postby Met » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Been experimenting with the David Laser Scanner 3 and wanted to find a way to display the 3D results online with something slightly more interactive than using static images (some incredible scans on this forum btw).

After a bit of work, here is a working version of my website that lets you view the 3D scans (this requires a HTML5 compatible browser, also note the javascript code to render the objects was not created by me!):

http://www.metsmuseum.co.uk/3d.php

Click on one of the images to load the 3D version.

All scans were created using the DAVID laser scanner software (the 3d scanner setup is detailed on the Technology page, along with a few of the early scans). I then used Meshlab to reduce the object complexity so the object files do not take an age to download.

I'll hopefully add more objects once I have created more scans but am still earning how to get the best from me setup still.
Met

Return to General Discussion