Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Problems after update to windows 8.1

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Problems after update to windows 8.1

Postby GeoffT » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

After updating from 8.0 to 8.1 I have been left with problems impacting on several 3d programmes including David. I'm running on a Lenovo laptop with onboard intel HD graphics 4000, also Nvidia Geforce 720M I've got up to date drivers for both, I'm running 64bit.

The problem in David I haven't fully explored but if I explain some of the immediate symptoms it might just trigger some thoughts from those that understand these things better than me. In the fusion window I can load scans, although it takes a bit of button clicking to get them to appear. When I try to do a rotation of the view with a right button click and drag nothing happens, if I then click on say the cleaning button the image updates to that rotated view. By default David seems to run using the intel graphics trying to force it to use the nvidia doesn't work.

Other programmes I've had problems with Cura for 3d printing, again the same right click rotations not working until some sort of refresh like going to a different application and returning.

Google Earth, if I start that up in opengl mode I don't get any imagery, works fine in directX mode.

This is getting very frustrating as I didn't even want to update to 8.1 it was forced onto me by microsoft, :evil: any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks

Geoff
GeoffT

Re: Problems after update to windows 8.1

Postby NARMELLA » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

Seems your nvidia graphics card needs to install its new drivers according to os ( win 8.1 ).
And don't forget to change primary graphic card to nvidia ; not intel.

And make sure that :
- You have installed microsoft dot net framework 4.5 ,If not download it from here and install it.
- You have installed DirectX 9.29.1974 ,If not download it from here and install it.

Good luck
NARMELLA
Data projector : NEC VE 281
Camera(s) : Canon eos 600D (3x)
Software : Lets scan 2.5 + David laser scanner 3.9
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby GeoffT » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks, all drivers up to date for 8.1,

directx 11 installed

dot net framework 4.5 installed
GeoffT

Postby GeoffT » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:40 am

I'm almost there, after continuing to get nowhere trying different drivers and hardware profiles I found a hint from someone having a similar issue. I've created a new user and whilst logged into that account everything works fine, my main user profile must have been corrupted in the update process. So at least I can work now.
GeoffT

Return to General Discussion