Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

my new camera mount

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Re: my new camera mount

Postby bipbay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:12 am

JDM Dyno wrote:I have 2 the imaging source DFK 42BUC03's never had driver problems with them, not tried ptgray, i do have another camera Lumenera that is a bit odd to use, you have to select the camera then nothing happens until you click on the camera format button and select ok then I see an image then have to set exposure to -5 and go back in to set the fps.

do you see the cameras in the list in david?

I used to run those camera with flexscan3d with no problem , but flexscan gives out wrong data so I want to try david out.
now I can finially get david to display live video feed by open flexscan first, then david, when video comes up, close flexscan .. sux
Even my flycapture2 (ptgery software) won't work by it self, I still have to open flexscan to "turn" on the camera first , then every other things works
How accurate is the david ? Flexscan I tried have 2mm different compare actual item and data ... not too good
bipbay

Postby JDM Dyno » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:44 pm

may be flex scan is stopping things somehow with its drivers?

It depends on size of scanned object but as long as you have good calibration you should be better than 0.5mm on 500mm scan size ~0.1% of scan field size

people have posted data on how accurate David is..
Camera's: 2 x DFK 42BUC03 Duel Camera,
c615 modified with Computar megapixel lens
lenses: 2 x Pentax 12mm, 2 x Computar 8mm
Optoma ML300 Projector
Turntable

www.jdm-dyno.co.uk
JDM Dyno

Postby dklassen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:29 pm

The post is a little dated now but wanted to give a quick thanks to JDM for his help and his 3D printed mounts. My SLS build starts next week. :D
Acer Aspire V15 laptop w/ 8g ram / Windows 10, Acer K132, DFK 42BUC03, Computar Megapixel 2/3 12mm, David 4.0, V-Slot 1000x20x40 linear rail, Cam and Projector mounts by JDM Dyno.
dklassen

Postby Oteck » Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm

My new setup using SLR rails, working on a better mount for the projector and maybe add height spacers for the F200 1080p camera

ImageUntitled by Oteckie, on Flickr

Oteck

Previous

Return to General Discussion