[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - David for the Documentation of Cultural Heritage
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David for the Documentation of Cultural Heritage

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Re: David for the Documentation of Cultural Heritage

Postby Simon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Mattia, my deepest respect for your awesome work!
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby Ben4096 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Very inspiring Mattia.
Thanks for sharing.

ben.
http://paranoidpuppets.com/
Ben4096

Postby Khalid Khattak » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am

Your work is awesome.. I am looking for a good CCD camera...I hope i will get then finer details as you are...;) but to reach to your experience it will take 100 years... :shock:
PC: Dell Inspiron i3, 2.27GHz,4GB RAM,64 bit windows 7
CAMERA:
David CCD Mono USB
LASER:
David 5mW Green line laser
PROJECTOR:
3D LED Mini Projector 250lumens, Native 1024x600
[b]http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/
Khalid Khattak

Postby hal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Hello to everybody,

Time to do an update of this topic.
Next November 2010 I was in Florence to scan some sculptures of the great italian sculptor (1853-1910), at his (now museum-atelier for young artists). you can read something also in english language.
Into the museum there are many copies and sketches-scupltures (made in chalk) of Carnielo's art pieces.

My job was to scan some of those sculptures. I had short time to work on this project, so I'd done only three completed scans and two partial examples.
One of the complete job was the "" scan, published time ago in the Wiki pages.

Here and now, I start to show the others scans.
Let's start with one of the partial scan. This is the leg of the huge sculpture "Labor imperat", a statue of a worker as Hercules with the Lion.
As you can see in these photos, the size is impressive :shock: . Because the sculpture was still into the box, I could scan only one little piece of it.

MatM_RC_Erc_00_LR.jpg

MatM_RC_Erc_01_LR.jpg

MatM_RC_Erc_02_LR.jpg

I've used the scanning system without background, as shown in the in the Wiki. The camera view and the Depth Image:

MatM_RC_Erc_Leg_DepthImage_LR.jpg

This is the leg of the man:

MatM_RC_Erc_Leg_LR.jpg

Here below a quick "overlapping" funny image and a zoom on the final decimated mesh density.

MatM_RC_Erc_Leg_Comparison_LR.jpg

MatM_RC_Erc_Leg_Shad+Wire_LR.jpg

Soon other scan result of the head of the lion.

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby hal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 pm

... to be continued ...

and now the lion's partial scan:

MatM_RC_Erc_Lion_Comparison_LR.jpg

MatM_RC_Erc_Lion_LR.jpg

MatM_RC_Erc_Lion_Shad+Wire_LR.jpg

Next post: other partial scan of a Carnielo's sculpture.

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby hal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm

... to be continued ...

Here a simple image about a quick scan of a female figure from a big sculpture.

MatM_RC_Monumento_Photo.jpg

MatM_RC_Monumento.jpg

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby tube » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

chapeau

Frank
tube

Postby hal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:32 pm

... to be continued ...

Hello. Here again some images about the "Morpheus" scan, already shown in the .

MatM_Morpheus_Photo01.jpg

MatM_Morheus_01.jpg

MatM_RC_Morpheus_LR.jpg

And now a couple of amazing photos of a milling test done with .

MatM_Morpheus - Roland MDX-40A.jpg

The copy was done milling a piece of wax, 14 hours of work, 7,5 cm tall (3 inches). Thanks dear Avinash :wink:

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby hal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 pm

... to be continued ...

Now, just to complete the presentation of my scanning work, a couple of female sculptures :D .

This one is made in chalk, real size sculpture. It is a bust of a woman, tilte "Melancholy", and as all the others, created by Rinaldo Carnielo.

MatM_RC_Melanconia_Photo01.jpg

MatM_RC_Melanconia_Photo02.jpg

RC_Melanconia_LR.jpg
The final mesh.

RC_Melanconia_Comparison.jpg
The real object and the mesh.

RC_Melanconia_Shad+Wire.jpg
Half shader, half wireframe.

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi Mattia
Most the mdx 40 successful solutions . My machine works so. You have it poured off from a metal ??
Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby hal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 pm

... to be continued ...

Last but not least, an interesting art piece, made in bronze.
It is a tool for the fireplace: a support for a poker tool and a pliers.

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Photo01.jpg

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Photo02.jpg
The bronze surface was coated.

The dark bronze surface was completely coated with Cyclododecane spray (this spray and other coating technique are shown )

An image of the Depth view from David interface.

MatM_RC_LadyFire_DepthImage.jpg

And some images of the 3D mesh with a bronze ZBrush shader.

MatM_LadyFire_01.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_02.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_03.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_04.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_05.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_06.jpg

MatM_LadyFire_07.jpg

I need to complete the two tools that complete the sculpture and I'll post the results soon.

... to be continued ...
hal

Postby hal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:11 pm

hal

Re:

Postby Victor.Lamoine » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Victor.Lamoine

Postby hal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 pm

... to be continued ...

Now the final update about this scanning project.
The tool-set for the fireplace, that I call, as joke, "Lady Fire" :wink:

The small coal-shovel tool and a pliers (both 78 cm tall + or -).

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Tools.jpg

MatM_RC_LadyFire_ToolsZoom.jpg

I'd scanned only the upper part. The geometric and symmetric parts are modeled.

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Tool1.jpg

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Tool2.jpg

And now some renderings with the complete set of tools for the fireplace.

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Complete01.jpg

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Complete02.jpg

MatM_RC_LadyFire_Complete03.jpg

Well, this is the end of the scanning work done in Florence, at the Rinaldo Carnielo Gallery, last November 2010.
I hope that you like it.

Regards,
Mattia

p.s.: soon I'll post an other project, done in May 2011 about , in Paris. Stay tuned... :wink:
hal

Postby Khalid Khattak » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 am

Hi Mattia,
I wish i was your student/helper in all those great project.I am really impressed. I love you and your great work.
Thanks for sharing. It would be helpful if you also post some techniques and technical lessons of your projects.
My very regards to you and your work. I want to be your slave. Accept me sir.
PC: Dell Inspiron i3, 2.27GHz,4GB RAM,64 bit windows 7
CAMERA:
David CCD Mono USB
LASER:
David 5mW Green line laser
PROJECTOR:
3D LED Mini Projector 250lumens, Native 1024x600
[b]http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/
Khalid Khattak

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion