[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Scan your face!
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Scan your face!

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Scan your face!

Postby hal » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:46 am

Hi, ciao,

What do you think about a thread, here,only for scanning people?
:D
Faces and body parts. Just a test, a place where compare our results with this level of difficult.

Someone, in this forum, has already done this experiment last summer, someone called YodasY, or, perhaps, Yoda,... no... emm... MagWeb... HE! (wow, if we don't stop this delirium, we must call he: "IT, the David's holy spirit"... :D ). We can continue this type of scans and publish our results here. What do you think about?

Below,Milena's scan test. The problems are:
-she breathes and move her head-> lot of stripes in the mesh;
-small panels -> difficulty placing the subject in the scene;
-the timer move slowly the laser -> I need a camera more speed at 1024x768. I tried a scan at 640x480, with 30 fps: orrible :x

Bye, I hope that this forum's chapter can be interesting for all,

Mattia
Attachments
face.jpg
neck.jpg
Last edited by hal on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
hal

Scan Your Face

Postby John McIver » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 am

I'm currently building a 3D scanner for a client. It is intended to scan feet. Although it doesn't use the DAVID scanner it uses a similar system based around webcams and lasers.

I only found the DAVID Forum recently but find the practical information it contains is very useful. I originally started scanning plaster objects. There is quite a big difference between scanning plaster and human skin, particularly with red lasers.

I feel a thread dedicated to scanning human skin would be a worthwhile addition to this forum.
John McIver

Postby WalterMo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:58 am

Hello,
Good idea to open an own thread with scans of living people.
This would be an opportunity to reactivate my old calibration corner with flaps as I have used it to scan the tread of a car tyre. And, where is the difference between a human face and a tread? Crinkles have/get both. It's only a question of time.':wink:'

But where can I find such a beautiful model like Milena?

Walter
WalterMo

Postby MagWeb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:42 am

Good morning,

nice to meet Milena! Should we switch to "Pretty Woman"? Is this nice guy in the background Richard Gere ?

May I introduce my daughter Johanna?

scanned at 640x480 30 fps in times when the backgroundfilter wasn´t configurable.

I made best experiences with lying on the floor and resting the head in some
cushion to sleep in a car or planes,(think the product is called "Sleep over")
but this way you are not able to get poses as Mattias` scan ol Milena.

love to scan humans
Gunter
Attachments
Johanna.jpg
Johanna.pdf
(711.64 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
MagWeb

Postby florin.topala » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:09 pm

I think the problem can be solved if we use a hy speed camera and the model is brushed verry quickly :| or ... another tipe of scanning
we can noo freeze a human for more than 0.5 sec
florin.topala

old man face

Postby hal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Attachments
Men face.jpg
new face, old man
Lorenzo il Magnifico.jpg
Funerary mask
hal

Postby Wanda » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi, guys!

Just wanted to pop in and encourage everyone to keep developing this idea. I would love to be able to do high-quality full-body scans of myself and make them available to customers. I would also like to be able to create custom-posed 3D sculptures of myself for my customers.
This technology can be very lucrative, I think. :wink:
Wanda

welcome

Postby hal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Welcome,
hi Wanda, we are glad that you want run this way. We hope that you can successfully scan yourself. A tip: try scans a hand, foot or face. For the scanning of the entire body you may combine your single scans.
We are happy if you share your results here.
Good work, and remember... for any questions, we are here.

Bye, Mattia
hal

Postby florin.topala » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:27 am

:))
coool :P :shock:
wainting to seee the results
florin.topala

Postby WalterMo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Hello,
For the scanning of a face I have reactivated my „old“ calibration corner with flaps as it was already presented here:
viewtopic.php?p=597#597

The frame-work on one side was removed and substituted by a flat batten just on the floor. So it was possible for the person to lie relaxed on the carpet with its head in the opened window of the calibration corner. The head was fixed by a V-formed head rest equipped with foam rubber.':)'
Thanks to Erwin to act as a model.

Further informations:

Camera: Trust WB5400 with a 6x zoom lens of a Super8 movie camera
Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels @ 15 fps
Scan speed of the stepping motor: 3.6 mm/sec
Laser: LC532-5-3F(16x65)

The position of the tripod with the laser on it during scanning was always above the upper body of Erwin.

Walter

P.S.: In the meantime you can also find this face as a .pdf in the David Wiki
http://www.david-laserscanner.com/wiki/ ... isson2.pdf

Thanks to Bongobat for his job in the Wiki Tutorials "Making a 3D pdf"

Edit: To view the face in 3-D stereo you must use special glasses with a red and a cyan filter over your eyes.
Attachments
3xErwin4.jpg
The 3 single scans
David_Aufbau 028.jpg
The used setup. For better demonstration the head rest is shifted from the flaps-corner.
Erwin 3D stereo.jpg
Face in 3-D stereo
Last edited by WalterMo on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
WalterMo

Postby florin.topala » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:19 pm

:)
nice wooork
florin.topala

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Each time I look into this thread I hope to see some of YOUR faces! Would be interesting to see what the people behind those great scan results and setups and discussions look like. :D

I think especially textured 3d faces look great, even in B/W! I suggest when you scan faces, that you always also grab a texture. Just switch on some bright light and press "Grab texture", doesn't cost anything. Each time we have scanned a face I regretted afterwards that we had forgotten to take a texture image. :cry:
Of course, for evaluation of the scan quality, the texture should be switched off.

(Yes, texture fusion will be available soon...) :D
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby WalterMo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Hello Sven,
You are missing our own faces. But perhaps we are not so beautiful like Milena or don't have such a smooth skin like Johanna or such a remarkable face like Erwin.
No, the problem is we need an „adjutant“.
Before I have scanned Erwin I made some tests with myself. With my hand I could operate the control penal of the stepping motor. It was inconvenient but it works.
When I was lying with my head in the calibration corner and was looking upwards I had the feeling to lie under a guillotine.:evil:
You are right it may happen that later on we regret not to have made a texture photograph. Another reason may be: We are hunger for your texture fusion.

Walter
WalterMo

waiting 360° texturing...

Postby hal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi Davidians,

This is a test with my modified Trust WebCam ( http://www.david-laserscanner.com/forum ... .php?t=468 ).
First image: me (ciao :P ), the others five images: my friends.

Each scan = less 10 sec., 640x480 at 30 fps.

My original goal was build a mesh with texture, from Grab tool, but when I clean and adjust the meshes, the texture coordinate fails.

Waiting for the new David version... have a good scans, bye,

Mattia
Attachments
mattia_mesh.jpg
Hi! This is MY FACE.
filippo_mesh.jpg
Filippo
carl_mesh.jpg
Carl
hal

... and others images...

Postby hal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:31 pm

re-Hi Davidians,

...others friends... (I'm sorry, but each post doesn't support more than three images :roll: ). Each Poisson-fused scan is a result of two scans.
Thanks to my friends for their patience :wink: .
Bye,

Mattia
Attachments
akiko_mesh.jpg
Akiko
martina_mesh.jpg
Martina
paolo_mesh.jpg
Paolo
hal

Next

Return to General Discussion