[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - polished my Hardware
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

polished my Hardware

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

polished my Hardware

Postby tube » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

and here the results
- Coin Diameter 40mm
- COATING-SPRAY-500, David Shop
- Blue Line Laser Typ:LE405-5-5-F(14x45)
its deceitful to fokus - normal withe Printerpaper is fluorescend by using UV-Light
you have two Focuspoints!
- Camera : CCD BW Camera DMK41-BU02
- Objetiv : Cosmicar/Pentax 12mm 1:1.2
- cal-corner V3 scal-35mm
- scann angele ca. 45-38°
- Motorscanner: Easy-Stepper clone + gearbox 600:1
- Nema-8 Stepper-Motor - (smaller moving mass - less vibration!)

in contrast to
download/file.php?id=3800&mode=view

tnx WalterMo, hal, MagWeb, Simon, Sven ......, for all hints in the forum

Frank
Attachments
Dollar36.jpg
Dollar36detail.jpg
tube

Re: polished my Hardware

Postby MagWeb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi,

veeeerrrry well done - think this is the best coin scan done yet in this forum - congrats. Seems the blue laser is worth its price!

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby derHenry » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Hello,

very very well done!!! Congratulations! By the way - where did you buy the objectiv - is it from David-Shop?
Could you give more Infos or pictures of your Easy-Stepper clone + gearbox 600:1, please.

best regards
Henry
derHenry

Postby WalterMo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:30 am

WalterMo

Postby tube » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Hallo derHenry
I've just rebuilt my laser Sweeping Mechanisms.
Stepping motor of http://www.watterott.com/de/Schrittmoto ... 0mA-Nema-8 - (smaller moving mass - less vibration!)
Gearbox RB 35 1:600 http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/2219 ... RB-35-1600
- removed the motor and pinion - gear washed with petrol (Gaphitfett away !) new oil (high viscosity Long Lub) against oscillation
- made new flange in aluminum
- Step motor shaft turned down to 2 mm diameter -> pressed Pinion

Objektive - http://www.theimagingsource.com/de_DE/p ... cs/lenses/

Frank
tube

Postby simmosam » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Hello,

This is an amazing result and for some time now I'm struggling to achieve such results.

In the past I also asked for some info about scanning with very high detail but noone responded
If someone would be so kind to provide some details about scanning with high detail.

1) What is the pixel height of the laserline that you can read from the scanwindow? i scan +/- 2.8pixels.
2) what is the distance between the camera and the coin, calibration sheet scale: 30mm; is the camera view completely filled with the sheet or do you have to zoom out?
3) single pass scan?
4) Planeless scan?
5) Perhaps some extra settings of the camera when scanning with the laser line? gamma? gain? exposure?

I'm trying for months now to scan a small stattue (15cm) with many details. I have a green laser a camera from imagingsource
DMK 31AU03 and lens H3Z 4512 CS-IR. steppermotor with gearbox 99.5:1 and build the arduino laserscanner controller from Simon and Magweb and the David pro license.
Till now I certainly miss a manual (settings) for scanning small objects with high detail.

I hope you can help with some answers. I know that everyone says you have to try but at a certain moment you need some help.

Greetings
Sam
simmosam

Postby tube » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Sam,
It took me many attempts to achieve such a result.
see: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2388
with 5mW green laser - line width up to 3 pixels around.

Only with the blue laser, I've come up with a line width of 1.6 to 2 pixels.
The distance between camera lens was about 18cm to the coin. To be able to focus
I had to insert a shim of 0.8 mm between the camera and lens.

- Planeless scan
- Cal Corner 35mm
- Two scans (the first scann was missing 0,5cm)
- Fuse Resolution 1000 , Poisson ---> file size 62MByte
- Scan angle = 43 ° at the start
- Very large reduction in transmission = 600: 1
- Scan time 5 min
- Very stable tripod, absolutely no vibrations
- The gamma camera at approximately 85
- Gain 260
- Exposure 1000/sec
- Aperture of the lens 4
- Cool camera if possible - less noise

I only adjust the laser and camera on a perfectly sharp object,
adjust the laser start - end angle
I noticed the exact position of the distance, then do the calibration with the calibration target
and then the reference scan (without change focusing of laser and camera)

good luck
Frank

ps. Excuse my English, made by google
Attachments
000003.jpg
000007.jpg
000011.jpg
my rack for small objects
tube

Postby scottg1982 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 am

Hey Tube, Nice set up... Also a nice choice for camera and objective. Reasonably priced and quality. Two questions...

1. How is the scanner resolution using the blue laser on larger objects 400-500mm away from Camera.
2. Have you considered using a fixed laser and turning mirror ? It looks as though you have a nice rigid set up, but my thought is that a flat optics mirror ( http://www.thorlabs.us/NewGroupPage9.cf ... oup_ID=264 ) is very light weight and could be useful as a turning mirror. ( thats how high end systems like Konica Minolta steer the laser line ). You could make a light turning assembly for the mirror... Imagine a rod glued to the back of the mirror, held by micro bearings on either side... Smooth movement, no jitter.

I am getting the components together for a system with 150mm and 300mm scanning volumes... You can use the same fixture, but change the lens on the camera and adjust the stepper program to sweep the turning mirror inside either volume in fine or course mode.
Projector - Mitsubishi HC1600 Sensor - Canon 550D
scottg1982

Postby WalterMo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Here we have a really low-cost source for optical components. It's a German dealer who sells remnants to North and South America, Asia, the European Community and Australia:
http://macony-design.de/catalog/index.p ... 4372f2c24c

And here are his mirrors:
http://macony-design.de/catalog/index.p ... h=21_25_48
WalterMo

Postby tube » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:07 pm

new purchase is a Dell Beamer "M110" .. SL is marvellously and fast !!

- Camera : CCD BW Camera DMK41-BU02
- Coin Diameter 40mm
- COATING-SPRAY-500, David Shop

4 scann's -> double -> global align - to reduce noise

Frank
Attachments
Dollar_sl50_1500-1Fusion.jpg
tube

Postby WalterMo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 am

Hi Frank,
Really perfect! One of the best coin scans I have ever seen here. Simply perfect.

The lens of the Dell M110 was equipped with a 120 mm lens in front of its original lens. And what about the camera lens? Type Cosmicar/Pentax 12mm 1:1.2? Was it necessary to extend it from the camera housing by an adapter-ring?

Walter

X65GHY
WalterMo

Postby tube » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:09 am

Hallo Walter,
tnx .

Yes the lens is Achromat with 120mm focal length in front of its original lens.
The camera lens is a 16mm 1:1.4 --> with a 1,2mm thickness ring washer (shim)

Frank
tube

Postby derHenry » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Frank,

congratulations! The best coin scan I´ve ever seen. Please can you tell me, what exact "4 scann's -> double -> global align - to reduce noise" DOUBLE mean?
How do you fix the coin for scanning?

Best regards
derHenry :D
derHenry

Postby tube » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Hello derHenry

So, I have made four scan's of the coin and all aligned.
then all four scan's marks in the scan list and selected with the right mouse button - menue duplicate scann.
Then you have eight scan's. This I have align it again globally merges.

For example, in astrophotography, to create several images of the same object and places it above the other by more contrast, brightness get.
Then you can filter out more noise, and the object will be sharp.

It did not bring much in terms of quality, but it did not even hurt.

I have attached the coin on the back with hot-glue and a 1,5mm wire

Hallo derHenry

Also, ich habe vier Scann's von der Münze gemacht und alle ausgerichtet.
dann alle vier Scann's in der Scannliste markiert und mit der rechten Maustaste im Menü Scann duplizieren ausgewählt.
Danach hat man acht Scann’s. Diese habe ich noch einmal global Ausrichten lassen und dann Fusioniert.

Zum Beispiel in der Astrofotografie, macht man mehrere Bilder vom selben Objekt und legt sie übereinander um mehr Kontrast und Helligkeit zu bekommen.
Danach kann man mehr Rauschen ausfiltern und das Objekt wir schärfer.

Viel hat es nicht an Qualität gebracht, aber geschadet hat es auch nicht.

- befestigt habe ich die Münze auf der Rückseite mit Schmelzkleber und einen 1,5mm Draht

Frank
tube

Return to General Discussion