Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Against forum´s odyssey (all about the new DAVID-Wiki)

Anything that doesn't fit the other topics should go here.

Postby Bongobat » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:16 pm

Oh sorry I didnt realize it would do that. You must have gotten alot of emails im quite OCD :oops: I will be more careful in the future
DealExtreme red line laser, Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
Bongobat

Postby johnrpm » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:26 am

I have been thinking of how I can contribute to the wiki, as I tend to take things from the skip and dismantle them I wondered if it would be useful to show on the wiki some items taken apart with images, such as a laser printer , laser, camera etc, it would broaden the wiki but some people may think it is not appropriate, what do you think??????.

Or the other possibility is what do we do with the scans, I have just finished a small cnc milling machine that can cut parts scanned with David, I could show how it was done?.
johnrpm

Postby Bongobat » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:32 am

I think your ideas are great johnrpm. I think those are the kind of things the wiki needs.
DealExtreme red line laser, Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
Bongobat

Postby MagWeb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:13 am

Hello johnrmp

as long, as the wiki isn´t going to burst, I wouldn´t worry about putting in any information you think to be usefull.

Especially I like your second idea. I think its very usefull to show, what one can do with DAVIDS results: using them in virtuality (as on a webside) and retransfering them to reality again (as using a CNC mill).

But we shouldn´t be shy on the other hand to describe DAVID.
I think it would be nice to have some articles decribing DAVIDS versatility in concrete applications as scanning miniatures, huge objects, dark or mirroring objects, vivid objects... All these applications own their special problems and the forum contains a lot of solutions...

I´m writing a report about my experiences with Shapefusion, but this may last till Chrismas.

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby MagWeb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Hello Davidians

for there gathered many new users since this topic started please allow me to renew some suggestions:

-I would ask you to use your avatar (these nice little pictures not only are some nice gag - they are very helpfull to combine content of a post with a visual impression of the poster and to remember it. You can add your picture in your profil)

-I would ask to browse the forum (there is a search in the top menue) whether there is already an existing topic concerning that, what you are going to post or ask. If you decide to open a new thread please choose the right category.

-If you find a topic that doubles an existing one, please post links crosswise. Please remember that newbies or guests may not have perfect overview - please be kind.

There are some really nice scanresults posted in the forum, worth to be added to the Wiki-user-gallery or to user pages you can create in the Wiki. It is not a law, that these presentations have to have an interactive or animated character or a fixed quality - you may add normal pictures as well and sometimes one can learn most out unperfect results. There are short tutorials to create contence in different formats.

Simon announced that full texturing within DAVID will be ready soon so be prepared for wonderfull result.

Thanks
Gunter
MagWeb

Postby humanticnc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Pc Hardware : AMD Sepron 2800 2.1 GHz 1 GB RAM
Cam : Microszoft LifeCam VX- 6000
Laser : 5 Mw Red

I cannot display the data , why ??
Laser : 5 Mw Red pointer glass pole you are green laser Mattia timer clock
humanticnc

Postby MagWeb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi Humanticnc,

is this your dog? Thanks for the reaction!

You can set in your profile, wheter your data/signature is displayed allways or not.

If "allways" is disabled in your profile you can attach your signatur for every single post in the "post a reply" page, below the textfield.

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby Simon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Thank you all for all the interesting wiki pages so far!
Bongobat noticed that someone seems to abuse our wiki. Therfore I have restricted the edit permissions to registred users. So you have to log in before editing.
Simon
DAVID Developer

dog

Postby humanticnc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi MagWeb
yes 4 year Német Dog boar . Ate my camera simply , but did not swallow it .
Tibor
Laser : 5 Mw Red pointer glass pole you are green laser Mattia timer clock
humanticnc

Postby MagWeb » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 am

Hello Simon,

there is a little problem to edit users subpages. I cann´t edit pages created by me on the user level any longer.

For normal these pages, created via link from ones userpage, are placed in the user_page level, that is restricted to be added only by admin or the user.
But it seems these pages run as "users" for their own?

The new forumdesign doesn´t show the pagetitel while editing the page . So you never know where you finally drop a new page....

bye Gunter
MagWeb

Postby MagWeb » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Hey, there is something going on in the WIKI:

WalterMO has opened his gallery with his beautiful Erwn-scan!

And Thierry (thierr_cnc) is working hard on a French translation of the manual!

Thanks!

@ All:
Please add some of your results or experiences to the WIKI. You could give back something to the project this way!

If your are not familiar adding content to a WIKI, do not hesitate to ask here!

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby thierr_cnc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Gunther

Yes, I worked on french translation of the wiki manual, and I have also translated the 2.0 version of david, that will also support french language

Hope by that, helped french people that don't speak english to discover DAVID !

A lot of people on french cnc or modelism mailing list where interest, but a bit affraid by the miss of direct usable information in their language...

I have read personally nearly all the forum, and it's a "mine" of "fine" information that are finaly quite important to progress from first rought scans, to a correct result

Regards

Thierry
thierr_cnc

Postby Simon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:07 am

@Thierry:
Thank you very much for the translation!

@Gunther:
Sorry, I have just noticed your message. A few weeks ago we had a server problem that made it necessary to restore the content of our Wiki using a backup. While the Wikis content is fully restored, unfortunately some user accounts got lost. This might be the reason for your problem. Please tell me if you can still log in or not. Sorry for the trouble!
By the way: the page title is displayed at the top of the page at the end of the trace path (a very small font). But you are right, this can be improved.
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby MagWeb » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Simon,

don´t know how, some time after the post, it was possible to edit these pages again....I thought you'd changed sommething...

no problem. I forgot to correct that post too.

Nice weekend
Gunter
MagWeb

I came from...

Postby hal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 pm

:D Hello to all, new and "old" Davidians,

Can I ask you a favour? Could you specify the geographical location where you are, in your Forum user profile? Just adding the country, better the country and the city... if you can :wink: .

Maybe is only my curiosity, but when I'm reading a message, in the forum, I think "I wonder where is he/she came from?".

Thanks if you can...

Mattia
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion