[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Mono camera and color filters
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Mono camera and color filters

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Mono camera and color filters

Postby Bertho » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:45 am

To get colored texture of stationary objects, R G B filters could be used either on the camera or on a white light source and by combining three separate pictures. That way the best performing mono camera could be used and still colored texture could be had. Is there an option or a workaround to do that?
It would be better to use filters on the light source since they do not need to be optical quality.
Bertho
Bertho

Postby MagWeb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:42 am

:idea:
Good morning Bertho,

that´s a new, very interesting idea :idea:

What's about using those color changing LED-Disco lights? So you can set every color you want without changing the light's angle (different shadows).

I understand the idea. But how can one merge the three monochrome colored pics? I never tried that.

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby Bertho » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:21 am

I am sure there are simpler & cheaper ways but bringing the three pictures into Photoshop and assigning matching color to each layer and then setting transparency and eventually flattening them, the original colors will be recovered. That picture then can be saved as a BMP. I do not know what specific size is needed by Fusion.
Bertho
Bertho

Postby MagWeb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi again,

the tex-shots are simple bmp in the size of the scanning resolution.

So if you take the shots one out of DAVID (result:"Filename of thescan.bmp") and two with the cam directly (in the scanning resolution) as pic2 and pic3 and merge them to "filename of the scan.bmp" it should work.

(I allready worked that way on tex shots to rise saturation or similiar things)

You have to do it for every partial scan, that´s clear.

I´m not common with Photoshop, but I assume, that simple transparency will not work. I think it will be necessary to flatten the three layers "in additiv light mixing mode" (hope you got me) but as I said : I´m not sure....

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby MagWeb » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Attachments
Color.jpg
MagWeb

Re: Mono camera and color filters

Postby hunkatibor2 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi
I use the black-and-white camera acquisition of the texture. I still fail to correct the color test. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
2014-03-13_10-46-42.png
aluminium texture
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Tibor,

Maybe you need to improve the White Balance.
1. Place the calibration panels, as if you wanted to calibrate. Camera image should show only the panels.
2. Go to Texturing menu -> DAVID projects red,green,blue stripes.
3. Adjust Projector Brightness so that the stripes are clearly visible. They should be bright GRAY. Not white.
4. Click "Adjust White Balance" or go to Calibration and Calibrate.
5. Make a new scan with texture.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Sven
Thanks for the directions looking for a good option.
Tibor

This saved the texture, I do not know why out of focus.The top left of the white color, I do not know why bluish tint ?
Attachments
2014-03-22_15-29-13.png
2014-03-22_15-40-23.png
hunkatibor2

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:44 am

Hi Tibor,
I have just added more info in our user manual here:
See chapter "Color Texturing with a Monochrome Camera" and "Manual Texture Settings and White Balancing".
I hope this will help you get good colors!
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi Sven
I have tried what you wrote. I made a mistake. Purchased a used copy of the projector. A holograms projector LTD onwards. S configured values. I buried copper setting. Since then I can not get the colors of the old ways.
Tibor :oops: :oops: :oops:
Attachments
012.JPG
FusionResult250-0.583.png
hunkatibor2

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware