Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Which camera should I buy?

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Which camera should I buy?

Postby mercedesmorita » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Hello,
I use DAVID-LASERSCANNER v.3.10.4, and I want to buy a new camera. I was using a Thorlabs 1645c camera, wich was working well in a 32 bit computer, but it is giving me some problems when using David software 64 bit (in another computer). In the last case it doesn not detect my camera at all. So I tried the 32 bit version (but in this 64 bit computer) and it is detected, but the problem is that it can only acquire images at 10 and 15 fps.
So, I am thinking that the problem is the driver of this camera, which has compatibility issues.
That's why I want to buy another camera, and I want to make sure that my new camera will be detected by DAVID-LASERSCANNER v.3.10.4, and with high resolution and high fps.
So, which camera would you reccommend me? Is it better to be monocrome or color? I prefer to have better meshes than having bad colored meshes.
Thanks
Mercedes
mercedesmorita

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware