Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Camera Image upside down

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Camera Image upside down

Postby rickrustyrail » Mon May 23, 2016 1:46 pm

I have had the David sls-3 scanner for about 1 month. Have been scanning and learning how to use the scanner. Yesterday I was scanning and all the sudden the image that is projected through the software is shown upside down. I attached a photo dump of the item to scan. Not sure what caused this or how to correct it? Looked in the software for a orientation option but could not find anything? The only thing I did different was download and install a new version of the David software that popped up. But do not think this was the problem since it had normal orientation for about a hour before this happened after the software upgrade.

Any help on this would be great currently like dog chasing his own tail.

Thanks Rick
Attachments
2016-05-22_10-21-11.png
Photo image of the item to scan upside down like I now see it
rickrustyrail

Re: Camera Image upside down

Postby VDX » Mon May 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi Rick,

this should be a checkbox in your camera-settings - attached a snapshot of my setup ... the marked areas in David will open the camera-settings, then it's diferent for each vendor ...

Viktor
Attachments
Kamera-Einstellungen1.jpg
VDX

Postby rickrustyrail » Mon May 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for getting back to me. The version of the software for the SLS-3 camera does not have that option. But here is what I did do that fixed the problem.

I did get the camera to put the screen picture right side up. Went to the setup option and selected the drop down
for the camera then selected the camera again from the drop down menu and the picture changed to right side up. But then closed the software and
opened the software and picture up side down.

I reloaded the software and back in the black. I just wonder if the download to update the software screwed it up.

Thanks Again for your help

Rick
rickrustyrail

Postby drndadoo » Tue May 24, 2016 11:25 am

Under the setup menu you need to change setup type to "Structured light setup" because with DAVID Cam 4 "DAVID SLS-3" comes automatically.
Now you will get the camera controls. With the arrows you can turn your picture to the left or to the right.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby rickrustyrail » Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks Drndadoo that did work thank you for your response.
rickrustyrail

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware