Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Micro Scan

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Micro Scan

Postby Anaolvida » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi!! I want to do a micro scan of miniatures with details about 5 milimeters. I have DAVID-CAM-3.1-M and the beamer ACER K132. I´ll buy this lens for the beamer http://xn--przisionsoptiken-wnb.eu/achromat-p-1559.html

Can you recommend me another change? Is my new lens of the beamer correct for these meshes?

Any help is welcome, Thanks!
Anaolvida

Re: Micro Scan

Postby WalterMo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:05 pm

You intend to scan 5mm small miniatures? Good luck!

Here in this thread you will find some hints of Benoy:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4491&p=23046#p23046

and also infos by derHenry where and what lenses and adapters he bought.

For me it seems that the diameter of 22mm of the lens which you have chosen is too small. The beam coming out of the projector is tilted upwards. Maybe it could be cutted by the 22mm lens. Simply test it with a piece of paper, put it at that place where the lens should be fixed later on. Remember that the lens is ca. 10mm thick!

The light intensity of the K132 at that close distance (= small projection area) will be rather high! This could overdrive the sensitity of the camera's aperture. Therefore you have to put a grey filter in front of the camera's lens. Not in front of the projector's lens! The filter could be overheated.

What makes you thinking of 75mm focal length?
WalterMo

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware