Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

need ur advise

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

need ur advise

Postby fisa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:55 pm

I AM ASIF from karachi pakistan....sir i need ur advise regarding laser scanner and sls....sir i am a cad cam person making parts for local industry.....as a employee ...sir i want to do my own business in same field i have a experience of pro-engineer,rapid form for modeling and manufacturing ...sir i want to make my own scanner to make a parts for local industries...and lot of part have requirement of fitment to other parts... please advise me which scanner is bet for it to achieve .05mm accuracy..if laser is enough for it then please point me what is the best available hardware i have to use as a first step..right know i am not able to purchase original david kit due t olack of money...pleaae guide me

regards

asif
Epson PowerLite S1+ LCD Projector
logitech c920 unmodify
david version 3.4.0
win7 32 bit
512 mb graphic card
fisa

Re: need ur advise

Postby agtecnica » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 am

Hi, I have the exactly the same problem as you. I need to build a SLS system to achieve 0.05mm (0.002inch).
What projector resolution and camera do you recomend guys?

Thanks in advance
agtecnica

Re: need ur advise

Postby WalterMo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:01 pm

If you need such a high resolution and accuracy you should buy the DAVID SLS-3 kit or a camera like the DAVID cam and a projector like the DAVID one.

Monochrome camera: Resolution 1920 x 1200 pixels. Lens: High quality one with 12mm focal length.
Projector: Acer K132
WalterMo

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware