Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

HDMI Universal vs HDMI cable k132 projector?

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

HDMI Universal vs HDMI cable k132 projector?

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 am

Unread postby jimenez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm new i this forum.. How can I even post something here?

I need help. I just switched my cables for the k132 projector in the David SLS-2 scanner because the VGA to Universal that came with the package is malfunctioning. Now that I'm using a cable that is essentially the same in terms of HDMI-MHL, the projector doesn't recognize it, in other words there is no connection/signal between my pc and the projector using the regular VGA to HDMI cable.

I guess a better question would be, Is there a difference between the VGA to UNIVERSAL I/O vs. VGA to HDMI? see pictures.

Why is this? is there a driver problem? or a compatibility between the k132 projector?

any help is welcome, thank you.

drndadoo
DAVID Support

Re: HDMI Universal vs HDMI cable k132 projector?

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 am

Hey Jimenez,

I am not sure but I think that you can't connect VGA to HDMI directly, you need some kind of adapter to do that.
There are some models of K132 that have in firmware disabled Universal port, that could also be the problem.
Try to test your projector with another cable, cause I think cable is still cheaper then VGA to HDMI converter.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware