Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

TT-1 turntable

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

TT-1 turntable

Postby zmargalit » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:45 pm

I just st up my SLS-2. I noticed that the TT-1 is making grinding sounds as it turns. I am not sure whether it grindes at specific places or randomly. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal. Or should I get it repaired/replaced.?
Zamir
zmargalit

Re: TT-1 turntable

Postby micr0 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

I've never seen a TT1 nor have I heard the sound that you are concerned about, but my first thought was that it could be the normal sound of the stepper motor in motion. They tend to have a course gritty whine at slower speeds due to the nature of how they move. maybe posting a short clip with clear audio to youtube would be helpful.

µ
µ
micr0

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:38 am

Some of TT-1 are just a bit noisy, but are working fine. If you are really concerned about it or have any doubts then it is better to get replacement.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby zmargalit » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks for the replies. Since I posted my question, the TT-1 came to a grinding halt. I have a replacement on the way.

Zamir
zmargalit

Postby billyd » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:38 am

I can hear my TT-1 motor turning in response to the software commands, but the table only rotates a little and stops. I can tell the motor is moving about the correct amount of time to get the proper rotation.

Has anyone ever opened one of these up? How does the turning table attach to the drive? Is it a simple mechanical connection like a set screw? It really seems as though someone at the factory forgot to tighen up something. You can tell the turntable is operating correctly otherwise.
billyd

Postby drndadoo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:48 am

Hi bilyd,

if you have valid warranty then you better send TT-1 back to DAVID. All TT-1 are tested before they are going out to customer, so it could be something during transportation. I assume clutch spring.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware