Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

High loadable turntable

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Re: High loadable turntable

Postby WalterMo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi Jeff,

Good to see your progress. And yes, the code is fine for a 1/2 step mode of the driver board.
I see you have used a fine pressed chipboard (MDF?) for the table's platter. It's so perfectly circular that you must have used a lathe or something similar.
I remember when I had sawn the 5mm aluminium plate with a jigsaw, after each 15 minutes I had to brake the work for minimum 15 minutes to relax my right arm muscles. Unfortunately my lathe can only handle diameters up to 250 mm. But this is better than nothing. :wink:

Have fun (and success) for the rest of the work.

Walter
WalterMo

Postby Curiousjeff » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:32 pm

I have a small CNC mill, with a limited Y of 150 mm.

I had to do it in two runs but it came out nice. :D

Yes, for the moment, both platters are in MDF.

I tested 1/8 step. I liked the smoothness. I will modify the software to adjust the rotation.

The funny thing is that the motor in "stand still" makes a noise after the two first rotation and then stops after the third. This repeats in each cycle of three rotations. But it's not important.

Jeff
Panasonic GH4 4K with lens 12-35, Inogeni 4K to USB3 hdmi capture device, projectors: Acer K135/Acer K11/NEC V260X, Canon 60D, macro 60 mm, MagicLantern
Curiousjeff

Postby WalterMo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Curiousjeff wrote:The funny thing is that the motor in "stand still" makes a noise after the two first rotation and then stops after the third.

You can minimize the noise at standstill by means of the switches S1 and S2 (Decay-mode of the SainSmart driver).

Walter
WalterMo

Previous

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware