Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

IDS-Imaging camera drivers

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

IDS-Imaging camera drivers

Postby Godehardt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 pm

I am using a uEye camera, the UI-1245LE-C from IDS-Imaging on USB 2.0. The drivers of Version 4.02 worked fine, both in their 64 bit and 32 bit versions. Yesterday, I installed the new Version 4.20. While I could use the camera with the company's own software, no connection to the camera could be established using DAVID. So I had to re-install the Version 4.02 to work with DAVID.
Erhard Godehardt
Godehardt

Re: IDS-Imaging camera drivers

Postby Godehardt » Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 am

Hello,
Meanwhile I installed the newest driver version 4.22 for this camera (64-bit-version) on my new notebook. After installing it I could use the camera directly with the programs from IDS. I tried DAVID, and the camera was not recognized (as with the version 4.20 on my slightly older computer). Since I did not want to install version 4.02 on the notebook to get DAVID running, I shutdown my Notebook (and was a little bit frustrated). After starting the notebook the next day, I tried the DAVID Software again and choose the camera from the DAVID hardware menu. Then the camera was recognized and everything worked fine with camera, projector and calibration. So I cannot say why the camera driver is recognized by DAVID now (because of the restart after driver Installation or the fact that I choose the camera in the respective DAVID menu as if it were a new camera from IDS). The important fact is that the new driver works now fine with DAVID.
Best regards
Erhard Godehardt
Godehardt

Postby Godehardt » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:34 pm

After my problems with the direct show drivers in the software versions 4.2 and higher for uEye cameras from IDS Imaging, magweb and I today found a bugfix on the website of IDS Imaging. It works as follows: After Installation of the newest version 4.31 of the uEye camera manager and cockpit software you have to install uEye DirectShow 4.32 (also available as download from IDS Imaging). Then the uEye cameras are recognized by DAVID-Laserscanner and can be used.
Best regards, Erhard
Erhard Godehardt
Godehardt

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks, Erhard, for your effort and patience, for testing and reporting... Good to know that it's solved! :D
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby matthewlee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:53 pm

I had the same problem.
THANKS to Erhard!
And many more thanks to the admins and members here for posting such great info.
matthewlee

Postby mr_cg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi,
i am testing with IDS uEye UI-1540-M monochrome camera with latest Windows 64bit driver (v4.72).

In the IDS Software "uEye Cockpit" i can select different video formats like raw8, mono8, rgb15, rgb24, rgb32 .... everything is properly working.
For every format i can see the video in the uEye Cockpit software.

uEye_settings.JPG
uEye Cockpit Settings

Unfortunately in DAVID4 (64bit, but also 32bit) it allows me only to select rgb24 or rgb8 video source:

david_ueye1.JPG
David4 video source selection

In the DAVID4 camera settings i can select "Y8 monochrome" and "RAW bayer" ... but unfortunately this settings will not take affect.
When i select "Y8 monochrome" it finally uses "RGB8" ... and when i open the cam settings again it shows me "24-bit RGB" selected.

david_ueye2.JPG
David4 camera settings

Due to this i can not use the cam in monochrome mode "Y8 mono" or "RAW".
In consequence i also can not use the colorize texture for mono cam feature because DAVID thinks i am using a color camera.

Can anybody help me to get IDS uEye working properly in mono mode?
Thanks for your help!!!
DAVID4 Pro v4.3.6 (64bit) - david-cam-3.1-m - IDS UEYE UI-1540-M - Canon EOS 600d (Canon Lens: EF-S 18-135 IS) - Acer K135i Projector + 37mm Close-Up Lens
mr_cg

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware