Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Cheap Camera Ball Head

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Cheap Camera Ball Head

Postby Christian_Mendez » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Hello everybody,

I was trying to mount my camera and projector on a simple rig and I was wondering how to solve this problem as cheap as I can.
So I ended up buying this mini Tripod from Hama at my local supplier for an unbeatable price of €4,70 ! so I bought 2 to mount
my Projector and Camera on a rig.The Thread is a standard 1/4" for camera mounting cameras (or anything with a 1/4" thread).
Just keep in mind that you should´nt mount anything heavier than ca. 500g or 1 pound (this is the maximum weight I would mount )
- this ball head mount is´nt designed for holding heavy equipment...if you´re planning to mount anything heavier than that, then
I suggest spending some mony for proper equipment.A modded webcam such as the Logitech Pro 9001 will not be a problem at all.

http://www.hama.de/00004009/hama-ball-mini-tripod-l-silver?bySearch=mini+stativ&searchMode=1

The Mini Tripod can be dismanteled to get rid of the legs.Theres a screw underneath its base (M4 - screw).Carefuly Unscrew the screw
and basically that´s it - you´re done !...you now are a proud owner of a mini ball head ! :)

Here´s an Image of my Projector mounted on the mini ball head mount.
I had a Rapid Connect Adapter from Manfrotto lying around so I mounted the adapter on the mini ball head for fast mounting/unmounting.

Cheers,
Christian
www.greyscale3di.com "if it ain´t movin´, we can scan it!"
Christian_Mendez

Re: Cheap Camera Ball Head

Postby m0delista » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Great Idea Chris
m0delista

Re: Cheap Camera Ball Head

Postby WalterMo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Good idea, Christian.

And here is a German supplier: