Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

spending 180€ for the green laser...?

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

spending 180€ for the green laser...?

Postby Amanda » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 am

Yes, I know... same question again... :wink:
I'm playing around with DAVID for a while now and everything seems to be o.k. during my scans except the width of the Laserline which David always shows in yellow and remains at a width between 5 and 8 pixels at a scanning resolution of 1600x1200px.
Because I want to scan small objects (10cm and less) I'm thinking about buying one of the focusable lasers from the shop now.
I couldn't get a much thinner line with the dealextreme.com lasers than with the non-focusable laser from picotronic and I've seen WalterMo's comparison between different lasers. 0.177mm seems to be way better than my lasers. But I don't know if there's a big difference to the line of the red laser.
And I'm thinking about buying the green one due to it's brightness, because the camera can get more information from a green line than a red one (also resuling in the "resolution" of the scans meaning more details than with a red one...?) And everyone with these impressing results seems to use this green one.
But I'm still hesitating... :?
Amanda

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware