Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000: Note about grid noise and FPS

Which camera works? Where can you buy an adequate laser? And more...

Re: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000: Note about grid noise and FPS

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 pm

LittleSilverstar wrote:Thought, that you can check the corner by set the settings like I did and look if there are some concave or convex bumps (found that in the forum, maybe there is some misunderstanding)

Hmmm... No it won't help here. I think scanning and examining the background is only interesting for Scanning Without Background ("planeless"). A better idea is to scan another known object whose surfaces are at a certain (usual) distance to the calibration panels! E.g. a cube which is placed in the corner.

LittleSilverstar wrote:There is no obviously distorsion/deformation, let's say: I can't see any. But I need exact scans of the smal details (mm).

Oh sorry maybe I misunderstood. Do you need small details (like carvings, scratches) or is your object smooth and flat and you need to measure the "depth" precisely?

LittleSilverstar wrote:Have the same kind of noise Khalid Khattak has told, like the yelllow scan above. I can accept now, that there is no better resolution.

Yes the noise looks similar but it is much stronger in your case. I think with your setup and hardware components it should be possible to reduce it a lot!

LittleSilverstar wrote:But can't accept, that shapefusion won't stich my scans. I will do some scans now, and post it later in the shapefusion-place.
So I just have to set the exposure and aperture? No regulation with gamma and gain?

See my response in the other thread. I think we should stop here and continue there.
Exposure and aperture, gamma, gain, will influence noise and scan details, but not global deformations like stretching or bending of the whole scan.

Ciao
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby cooltech » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 am

it could be laser frequency and out of sync with the camera's refresh... like using a 60hz cam to video a 50hz tv...

maybe...
Canon 7d
canon 100mm macro lens
tokina 11-16mm wide lens
canon 100-400 mm prime zoom lens with x 2 extender
canon 50mm 1.4F lens
30mw green line laser module
1mw mitre saw red laser
Merlin automated pano head
2 tripods
cooltech

Postby Victor.Lamoine » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am

Hello,

when I change from camera calibration to 3D Laser Scanning or vice versa the image is again upside down. It's not so nice each time to delete both hooks in the camera settings for horizontal and vertical mirroring

I have the same problem, I tried to edit the .xml manually, nothing! Does anyone found a solution ?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm using the old drivers
Victor.Lamoine

Postby cgraham » Fri May 13, 2011 5:20 pm

To disengage the auto settings for the rightlight i select the return to default settings at the bottom of the window. Then select on do not use automatic rightlight settings and deselect use automatic settings. Auto gain control will then be unselected in the advanced settings of David allowing for manual adjustment. Make sure the device properties window is closed or close it out and reopen it. Not doing this it will still show that it is selected in auto mode.

chris
cgraham

Postby hope4life » Wed May 01, 2013 6:00 pm

hey guys, can i power both arduino and easy driver through arduino USB from PC.

I have light blinking on the big easydriver but my motor is not moving when i plug in my arduino

I only have LED clock blinking.

Am using Nema 17 bipolar planetary gearbox stepper, 2.8V, 1.68A

Can anyone share light on why things not happening.
When i run the code it compiled and also upload. no error [][/]
hope4life

Postby WalterMo » Sat May 04, 2013 6:55 pm

I have sent you a PM. Good luck for your school project.
WalterMo

Previous

Return to Laser and Camera Hardware