Dear Logitech webcam users,
For use with DAVID, unfortunately the latest webcam driver from Logitech is not ideal
(version 2.x). (Eliscio already complained about it some time ago.)
I recommend to use an older version
(1.x), which you can get e.g. here: http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid= ... 322272b704 EDIT: Don't use this. See below.
You can also find that version on your original DAVID USB Flash Drive.
(If you want to downgrade, you will have to perform a complete uninstallation of the newer version first! Go to Windows Control Panel, Software...)OLD VERSION (GOOD):
Version is 1.x, after installation it is shown as version 12.x (or 11.x).
Everything works fine, except:
- you should install driver only
, not the other options (at least I personally find Logitech Vid and Logitech Software etc. annoying)
- you must switch off "RightLight" for scanning.
- you should not use 640x480 because it creates waves in the scan. (EDIT
: See here
). Better: 800x600.
The Camera Settings window looks like this:NEW VERSION (BAD):
Version 2.x, after installation it is shown as version 13.x.
Same minor issues as above, but additional problems:
- Camera Settings window has fewer options and does not show any values, only sliders
- Camera Settings window behaves differently so that DAVID 2 won't remember the settings conveniently. [Workaround: Change settings, click OK, immediately open the same settings window again, and close it with OK again.]
DAVID 3: Not a problem.
It looks like this:
Please let me know if you make a different experience!
: I have extracted a DRIVERS-ONLY installation
of the recommended Logitech driver version. It's great! Exactly what you need, not more, not less.
32-bit systems: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... 1110.0.zip
64-bit systems: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... 1110.0.zip