Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[solved] lost licence when upgrading to ver 4.5,1015

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[solved] lost licence when upgrading to ver 4.5,1015

Postby Normand Blais » Thu May 26, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi there, when I upgrade to ver 4.5 ,1015 my licence is no longer detected on my dongle .
But I have a older version on the computer 4.40 build 686 that when I tried it detect the licence there .

On my dongle there is the file DAVID 3D scanner 4 where DAVID_x64 application is to run the software (no licence now)
There is also a file DAVID4 with only DAVID4_license.lic
I have tried 5 or 6 time to get new ver 4.5,1015 but always endup with no licence on the dongle

Also on my dongle there are files name I wonder if I should remove them
DAVID 2_4_4
DAVID 3
DAVID 3.2662
DAVID 3.4
C.N.C. router sculpture
Normand Blais

Re: lost licence when upgrading to ver 4.5,1015

Postby drndadoo » Fri May 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Normand,

under the Settings > Advanced Settings > Service put the checkmark to the ShowDebugConsole.
Now restart the DAVID and please take a look in the console in which folder the DAVID is looking for the license file.
Also please take a look under Help > License and version info what is the status of your license.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby Normand Blais » Fri May 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi drndadoo
Thank for the answer , finaly I unistall the version on my computer.I dont need it
Now every timeI tried to upgrade the dongle it install 4.5 2 1015 on my hard drive.
degug.png
C.N.C. router sculpture
Normand Blais

Postby Normand Blais » Fri May 27, 2016 5:00 pm

degug 2.png
degug 2.png
I tried on another computer and it install on disk C
When I reinstall on my computer it reinstall on my c disk . Here is the debug console of the c disk version

here is the zip file from ver 4,5,2 1015

Thank you very much
Attachments
DAVID4_SupportRequest_2016-05-27_11-54-34.zip
(68.57 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
C.N.C. router sculpture
Normand Blais

Postby Sven » Fri May 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Normand,

So it seems your problem is solved now?
All your screen shots and your SupportRequest ZIP show valid license.

By the way, it is the recommended standard procedure to install DAVID on your HDD. The USB drive is only for the license file.
However of course you may install DAVID where you want, it will run and look for the license file on the USB drive.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Normand Blais » Sat May 28, 2016 2:12 am

Hi Sven
I dont know if it is fix for sure since I was doing it backward . :shock: Now it work if I open from c .
But if I open from the dongle the software ask if I want to upgrade ,if I upgrade it work only once .After I close David and reopen again it come back to the previous ver. and ask again if I want to upgrade.
When I try on the other computer it did ask if I wanted to upgrade I did and it install David on that computrt c drive ,dont know if it normal . There should be some advantage to use C drive versus the dongle since it is the recomended procedure . But I liked better like it was with the upgrade on the dongle . That is if I got it right
, also some time just waiting for nexupgrade work
Thank for the info
C.N.C. router sculpture
Normand Blais

Postby Sven » Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 am

Hi Normand,

It seems you have the latest version on your hard disk and some older version on the USB key.

When you start from the USB key, it asks to update. It seems that during update, you are installing the update on the hard disk, so the USB does not get updated. I think that's what happens.

If you want to update the DAVID software on your USB drive too, I think you should NOT use the normal installer to install on the USB key. Instead you could copy the entire DAVID folder from your hard disk (the folder "DAVID 3D Scanner 4" which is in "C:\Program Files" to the USB key, overwriting the old version.

You can do that if you like. However we recommend to install and start DAVID from hard disk. It is more comfortable (you can use Start Menu entries), it is faster (USB key is rather slow), it is saver (what if USB key is disconnected during usage)...

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Normand Blais » Sat May 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Now I understand ,and will use c since it is faster . I might update the dongle by copy if I have to use another computer so it wont force the installation of David . Now I just have to change an old habit .

Thank Sven
C.N.C. router sculpture
Normand Blais

Re: [solved] lost licence when upgrading to ver 4.5,1015

Postby drndadoo » Mon May 30, 2016 9:32 am

Hi Normand,

I was away for the weekend, but you are saved by Sven. It is nice to see that everything is working again.

Kind Regards
drndadoo
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Bug Report